Proraso (Red) Pre/Post!!!! = ]

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Mike-R41, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Your thoughts On Proraso Pre/Post shave.

** HERES HOW I USE IT**
    I went my face with a hot washrag hold it on there for about three minutes then I put the preShave on then I do my normal shave then I put it on again then my aftershave splash then my aftershave balm! Sometimes it burns a little tho lol Love the stuff though !!
    ✌️
    Besides #Proraso what other pre-shaves do you gentlemen recommend ??? AND NO BLOOM WATER recommendations I really know about that!!!!

Tdmsu, brit and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have and enjoy the Green preshave (and soap & AS) by Proraso. Love the cooling menthol effect that works well with cool tap water shaves. Haven't used the PPS as an aftershave balm yet.

I like the scent of the Red soap and AS splash. Got the Red PSS on my list of future purchases. Do you find the Red line all have the same sandalwood scent?

Enrico, Tdmsu, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mike-R41

Yes I have the soap and preShave. The PreShave hits your nose harder though lol

RyX likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i love the proraso red ..great scent..

RyX and Mike-R41 like this.
  5. Mike-R41

It’s not overwhelming

brit and RyX like this.
  6. Mike-R41

I’m about to go on West Coast shaving and pick up executive man from Stirling! Already have the barbershop magnificent scent

brit, Enrico and RyX like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I take a hot shower before I shave. That's my pre-shave.

Post shave, I splash on some witch hazel. Once the burned newspaper smell goes away (about a minute), I put on aftershave and possibly a spritz of cologne. If I could only have one aftershave for the rest of my life, it would be the lowly underappreciated generic brand witch hazel.

brit likes this.
  8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Maybe try Stirling direct from their website.
    When I use a pre-shave Proraso green menthol is my favorite

brit and RyX like this.
  9. Mike-R41

I’m getting more than one item and different artisans at that. don’t want to pay shipping for three different websites you know -Thanks

10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I use Proraso red as a preshave often. It works great. I'll sometimes use it for a post shave or night moisturizer, too.

brit and RyX like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I use a variety of pre-shave oils including homemade. I also occasionally enjoy TOBS Herbal pre-shave gel.
    Maggards offers a nice variety of PSO’s at a very affordable price.

RyX, Tdmsu and Edison Carter like this.
  12. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I use the Pre/Post Shave stuff just as a balm. I use the bloom water as my pre-shave. It's good stuff, and a little goes a long way.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  13. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I use green and Red Proraso preshaves and AS. Never tried their soaps, but I was gifted a tube of their oatmeal and green tea shave cream, and it’s pretty good stuff! Gotta hydrate past the super fluff, and then it performs well. Better than my ToBS creams maybe!

But I prefer shave soap to cream.

RyX and Tdmsu like this.
  14. Skulmoski

Skulmoski Member

Me too. After trying a few other pre-shaves, I have happily settled upon Proraso Red.

Tdmsu and RyX like this.