Greeting from Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by EDC, Jul 9, 2019.

1. EDC

EDC Active Member

Long time lurker first time poster. I’m fairly new to wet shaving but after only a few months in I can say that I’m not looking back to carts!
    I quickly found out that what was originally a dreaded morning chore is now an enjoyable moment I look forward to every day.
    First week was rough though. I shave every day for work and I found out the hard way that I had to go easy on the pressure! Although my face was on fire I was pleased with the result.
    I’m sticking to EJ DE89 for now to work on my technique while exploring soaps and AS that suit me. I have been using Feather blades from day one. I should probably invest in a good brush at some point too.
    TSD is the perfect place to learn and get tips on new or vintage products from passionate contributors and I’m really happy to be here!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hello, and welcome to The Shave Den. You're off to a great start!

Keithmax, RyX, EDC and 1 other person like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

RyX likes this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama the Heart of Dixie. Looks like your off to a good start!

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..

RyX and Hembree like this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

RyX likes this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Welcome from Central Illinois.

RyX and EDC like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @EDC

RyX likes this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @EDC from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD. I see you're using Nivea; be sure to try their Deep aftershave ... very mild and soothing. As for shaving soap make sure to try Stirling Soap Co. as well TOBS.

RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

RyX likes this.
  12. EDC

EDC Active Member

Stirling is definitely on my list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

An EJ with a feather is a great place to start( and stay if you want). Check out Maseto shave brushes. You can get brush quality equal to $150+ for around $50.

EDC and Linuxguile like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @EDC! Glad you delurked and signed up. Now we can talk about it! I see some good equipment in your stash. You've been doing your research! That R89 loaded with Feather blades is a nice paring. I read many posts before I chose Proraso Red for my sandalwood AS, but that was after I already liked the soap so it was an easy choice. I see you have a stainless steel bowl. Is it double walled to insulate your lather and hold temp? Switching from warm/hot to tap water cool seemed to ease some of my irritation early on so I've stuck with it. I now reside on the Gulf Coast, but growing up in the 'Burbs of Chicago I know what kind of winters you deal with.
    I know a conversation that just might help you... There's a gathering of coaches and cheerleaders that enjoy sharing hints, tips, and techniques to get the very best shaves from the gear you have right there. If you are up for a fast paced conversation that's all about shaving, with lots of other stuff tossed in, visit The 30 Day Rule / Focus Group! (<- That's a link to the 1st post for this month, after reading it, zoom back to page 100 or where ever we are real time ;)) Besides shaving, there's ongoing discussions about BBQ, Family vacation photos, Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge vs. Fiat trucks, lots of Acquisition Disorder discussion and a fair amount of Enabling, might even be Shenanigans.

15. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome aboard.

RyX likes this.
  16. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Outstanding choice!

EDC likes this.
  17. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

7CC2ECB3-4ABA-4965-88F9-EC6BAC1C8E95.png Welcome from New Mexico!!

EDC and RyX like this.
  18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

EDC and RyX like this.
  19. Fiorellini

Fiorellini Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :).

RyX likes this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome, @EDC , glad you finally joined. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

zwelcome1a.jpg

RyX likes this.