Best razor for around the nose?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by davidsalata, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I guess I've learned something too. LOL. Suicide Stroke, Fools Pass? Guess I've been doing suicidal, foolish shaving ATG since '63, the last time I looked my nose was undamaged. :) Oh the horrors.

RyX, PLANofMAN, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    ATG under the nose with a straight razor...bad time to sneeze.

Tallships, Trigger and brit like this.
  3. Tallships

Too funny, but ouch:eatdrink047:

PLANofMAN, Trigger and brit like this.
  4. HUF

HUF Active Member

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Tallships likes this.
  6. Tallships

Trigger likes this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Although I use safety razors, I am primarily a straight razor/shavette shaver and don't have a problem shaving my moustache area, even with a 15/16 inch blade. It also helps that I have a small nose that doesn't hang over the area to block my view. Lol!

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

English, Canadian and pre-war American Techs .... always a great shave! :D

:eatdrink013:

canoeroller and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

i will second that..:)

Enrico likes this.
  10. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

The injectors are able to get under there great, as does the thin cap Single Ring and Pocket Edition Razors(1906-1920). The “Old Type”(1921-29) work well. The Goodwill 162 & 164 also fit this same profile. With these razors, the comb does not get in the way as much as the OC razors to follow or the safety bar Tech razors. The injectors might get in there better, I just don’t get as close a shave with the Schick razors as I do the 102’s. I tried to justify keeping my Type F. If I find another one for next to nothing, I’ll keep it. To me, it shaved just a little less efficient than a Tech, but closer than a cart.

brit and Enrico like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It means your angle of attack is off or preaaurw is inadequate, as all razors are the same at skin level. It's likely just unfamiliarity versus DE.

Edited to add: I should wear glasses on my phone.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Trigger likes this.
  12. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

It was absolutely a pressure issue. Using the ABC razors so much, I really have gotten to the point that I barely apply any, allowing the razor and blade to do all the work. As I use a “newer” model, I have to apply more pressure along the way.
    When I moved to DE shaving, I came directly from the Mach 3, which I had to apply pressure to get through my beard. My neck paid with my first use of the 195 set at 6...

Trigger and BlueShaver like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Wow I need my glasses.

I also struggled to find adequate pressure after learning DE, also converted from carts. Carts, with suspended blades and flexible pieces take much of the "skill" factor out of the process. However, this also means carts are the "safest" type of razor.

brit and Trigger like this.
  14. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I thought perhaps a certain duck had hacked your account.

[​IMG]

brit, Trigger and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I find my Schick injector razors about as good as it gets for detail and protection because they have no blade overhang to contend with and the heads are very small to get in awkward spots. My $.02 worth.

16. HUF

HUF Active Member

Not every disposable razor is terrible, just like not every safety one is great! I agree with you - to each their own. ))