How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey

Corey Member

Got any 1979 Gillettes?

2. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Mornin', gang.

Happy dance time. Just got back from an estate sale. '60 fatboy and a '62 slim for $5 each. They still had blades in. From 1966. :eek:

They're in bad need of cleanup, but mechanically sound. Likely flippers.

3. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

my wallet needs to recover from my last impulse buys + my need of some lapping films before I go down that road.

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Wow thats cheap.. Congrats on the razors. I may have to look into estate sales if one can get that kinda deals.

5. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Morning everyone. Just a quick check in and then I am off. The wife and I are heading to an auction this morning. Some bedroom furniture the wife is interested in. Luckily there are a couple of guns to look at as well. Supposed to get close to 70's today so we will probably take the boy to the park afterwards. Looks like I had better enjoy the next 2 days of weather because by Monday we may be getting about 10 inches of snow. Oh, spring in Wyoming. If we get that much it will nice and wet and heavy.

I will catch you all later.

Rolls, GO SUCK EGGS

6. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Cory, I just looked and do not have any double of any of the Z date codes. But, I will keep an eye out for one for you.

7. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

The vinegar & water soak plus scrub got the gunk off right quick. A rinse then a hit with scrubbing bubbles and they'll be back in fine shape.

8. rollsshaver

Tracy, you horse chasing, inbred, cud-chewer!! Good to see ya! How's life!?!?

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I gotta agree with the Krona statement. I picked up a couple myself and forwarded one onto a friend new to wet shaving as his first D/E. They are nice mild razors, great for a beginner. He loves it.

That and I like trying the odd/unusual not so popular items. Kinda bucking the trend to make sure I'm not missing anything by just staying with the monopoly.

Rolls, any injectors you will be getting rid of. Looking for some for my sons.

10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Morning all. I'm home with the daughter while the wife takes the son for a haircut. Can't shave because the daughter's napping in our room.

I'm betting you've already tried GEM razors if you're using injectors, but check them out if you haven't. I'm getting great shaves from my featherweight GEM.

11. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Well, I just finished (or got to a decent point) with one of my homemade razor case ideas.

It was cheap to make and I think it'll work very nicely.
    Now if I can just get that other idea shaped up... but it's going to require some creative foam cutting. :think002

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Oh yeah, they were my first non standard razor. I got a terrific shave from a G-Bar, so I picked up a featherweight and received a 1912 and Micromatic in a lot purchase. They do give great shaves, but I admit I haven't tried the MM as many people say they are a little tricky. It is on my to do list.

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

And the pics are where?

14. Adeptus_Minor

15. rollsshaver

Nope.............

16. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

That reminds me, I need to get my guns out of storage and give them a fresh cleaning and oiling.

Please post pics when you are done and have time.

17. Adeptus_Minor

Doing so now in a thread in Safety Razors

18. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Doing well, how about you Rolls?

BTW we chase sheep here, or at least I do:D

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Darn.. Thanks for the reply.

20. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member