How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Been alright, Tracy. Just doing my best to piss off as many "authority figures" as possible before I die.

2. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Ooh... that slim was the gunkiest, but cleaned up the prettiest. Pics to follow in the score thread once they dry off.

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Great case idea! I like it! Won't break into my AD budget either ;)

4. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

WY, where men are men and sheep are scared.

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Wow. very chatty morning.

Hey Rolls, you have any New Improved? (New Standard, Bostonian, Algonquin, Etc...)... What kind of brushes you looking to offload?

6. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

If you put their hind legs in your wellingtons they can't run away...

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

good morning everyone....

8. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

:happy102:happy102:happy102

9. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

Both of which I'm sure are bound to leave an impression :D

10. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Justin, I do happen to have one gold New that you might like. It is not in the best condition, and I would let it go for a ggod price.

11. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

Well folks y'all enjoy the day, it's time for me to get some sleep.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well it if it a Bostonian, there are several of us that would jump for it. It doesn't have to be in the best plating condition, but straight teeth and all is important.

13. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Today might be Mia's last session, she is helping blow up a ship today and there is no escape plan currently. I hope she lives though, I like this character...

14. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Warning...some minor BSG spoilers

Mornin' everybody. One last shift to go, and then it's vacation time for Shep. Yeee Haaa! Gonna talk BSG now so if you didn't see it yet, don't read.

So, the BSG finale made up for a pretty lack luster season I think. Holy hells bells; lots of action and effects. Tied up the show in a way that satisfies. I don't really get the purpose of the flash backs though. What little tid bits of info the flashbacks provided weren't terribly important to the story line so why bother? I'd have rather they stayed "current" and used the time to explore some more. And not really explaining the whole Starbuck thing was a little disappointing.

I guess we are to take it she was an angel along w/ invisible Caprica and Baltar? I don't know. There's a mythology to the show that I don't fully get, and the logic doesn't work for me sometimes. For instance the whole, this has happened before and will happen again thing. How? Of course I can use my imagination and make up my own story, but I'm watching their show so am interested in their imagination. These are minor complaints. Overall I am impressed and satisfied. It will be interesting to see what they do w/ the new series Caprica. Yes, this was a lot of geeky sci fi talk I know. Deal with it. :D

And with that, time to shower and get out the door.

15. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Shep, I agree... the finale was excellent.
    I didn't mind the flashbacks, but I don't know why they were saved for the last couple of episodes. They were meant to show us who the chosen characters were before the Cylon attack, but we've had three seasons to see that.

My biggest laugh of the episode... "You see them too?!?" :happy102

And as for the 'Caprica' spin-off show... I'm dubious.
    Seems like just a way to make a little more money out of the BSG fan base.

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, I haven't seen any of the new BSG shows... BUT, as for spin offs, people had said the same about Star Trek The Next Generation, and Frasier, too...

although a lot of spin offs have flopped, too, it's probably at least worth a shot, especially if you liked it's parent show...

17. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I shredded my face with a micromatic a week ago. I can see where they could shave well, but they take time and caution to use properly. Also, the shaving angle is different on a mm because the head's shaped differently. For me at least, the angle was somewhere between a DE and all the other SEs. I didn't get it right and my face paid the price.

18. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

True enough, but it helps to remember that TNG had a rough couple of years when it kicked off. I think it was saved by Trekkie devotion and that it probably wouldn't have made it as a stand alone SF show.

The Caprica spin off looks like an overwrought drama. No space ships. No fun WWII retro action like its parent. Lots of hand wringing and serious expressions. I think I'll pass.

19. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Wow, lot of new faces since my last visit.

Hi Everybody!

20. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Hi Dr. Nick! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.