The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice choices, Ben! I got a set of Stirling Blu that should be delivered today.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just finished my Island Man "hand" soap......very nice. Now I have the sample-size Sharp Dressed Man that Mr. Cawtuh put in as part of his generous PIF package. Along with the Island Man is Agar and Xecutive Man(large hand soaps).

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Was that a full sized bar? Seems like you go through hand soap pretty fast. I've been using a sample bar of Sharp Dressed Man in the shower for about two weeks now. If I only used it to wash my hands I bet a full size bar of soap would last me close to 6 months.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

4. Paul Turner

Right, the Island Man(+Agar and Xecutive)are full-sized soaps that JUST fit into my soap thingy at my sink. I'm getting confused with who sent my hand-soaps these days! I just now remembered Doc Ezlovan flipped in a Spice with my order of 3 full-sized.

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I've been using a full sized bar of Stirling preshave soap with every shave since May of last year. I'm guessing another month or two left on it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Linuxguile

I've been using my bar of Pre-Shave Soap since March last year, and I still have at least a third of the bar left.

7. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Iced Pineapple is great stuff!! One of my favorite Stirling products.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  8. Linuxguile

The best!

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Long lasting for sure. I think I've shaved every day but two since I've had mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. PLAla

I don't get much longevity from the bar soaps. One of the samples lasts me about three or four showers. The full size bars last longer but I can't get the crazy length some of you do with the bath soaps. They're amazing though.

The preshave soap I have lasts forever, but you're not using much of it each day.

11. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm excited about these Perry. I'm a big fan of Polo Blue and these have been on my radar for a while. Once I got the email from Rod I knew I needed to jump on it. It's also hot as hell here in Phoenix right now and the mentholated bath soaps will really be a treat.

The hard part was deciding what to get rid of the make room for the Blu set. I'm forcing myself to keep my den to only 15 sets. It was a tough choice but in the end I decided that the Nuavia Verde has to go.

12. Linuxguile

Perhaps a soap saver would help? Maybe the lack of atmospheric humidity here helps them last longer because they firm up a little more and aren't as soft?

13. PLAla

I admire your drive to keep just 15 sets. I should do that! My Blu set arrived and it smells great. Not too strong off the puck. Haven’t sniffed the splash yet.

14. Paul Turner

I like that Truman quote :).

john zeiger, PLAla, ezlovan and 2 others like this.
  15. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

My first Stirling bath soap (Naked & Smooth) lasted less than a month. Now I'm using the "Facial" bar soap in the shower, but lathering it with a pouf instead of directly on my body and it seems to be lasting longer

john zeiger, PLAla, ezlovan and 5 others like this.
  16. Linuxguile

I normally use a pouf

john zeiger, PLAla, ezlovan and 3 others like this.
  17. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Mail Call! Blood on steel , Red Delicious, and Noir set bought new. Entire Executive Man lot with sample of Eskimo Tuxedo soap bought for $45 on a b/s/t forum. Boom![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

john zeiger, PLAla, ezlovan and 9 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Naked&Smooth has received its second nomination for a Tony(once last year, too), both as a shave soap.

john zeiger, PLAla, ezlovan and 3 others like this.
  19. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Is tougher than it sounds. I originally wanted to get down to 10 but that was impossible. The good about it is that 15 gives a good variety and I'm only using my absolute favorites. The bad is that I had to set aside a bunch of great stuff. The worst part is if I want to add a scent I must get rid of a scent. There's a scent dropping Saturday I really want but I can't figure out what to get rid of so I may have to pass....first world problems :)

20. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I can get a month out of a full size bath soap in the shower.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Frijolero, ob1page and 3 others like this.