(Semi-Local) Taconic Shave Cream Review (Tequila Lime)

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by StormyWeather, Jul 20, 2019.

1. StormyWeather

StormyWeather Well-Known Member

(I say "semi-local" because Howi = Parker = SuperSafetyRazors, and are based not far from me)

Product weight: 4oz
    Type: Cream
    Water used: Hard (maybe very hard?)
    Scent: Tequila Lime
    Brush: Omega 10048 Boar Hair
    Razor: Merkur 33c (first shave)
    Blade: Astra SP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scent (9/10): Loved the scent on this. If you like key lime pie, it smells exactly like a pie to me. Not overpowering either. Definitely a keeper scent wise.

Lather ability (6.5/10): It could've been slightly thicker lather wise, but overall was pretty solid. Definitely a better performer than my experience with my review of the Taconic line of shaving soap pucks in the tin. Lathering didn't take long either, and an almond sized amount gave me enough cream for almost three passes lather wise. I could definitely work with this on a regular basis.

Slickness (7.5/10): It's definitely no TOBS / GFT / Truefitt level, being relationally a 10 to me, but pretty decent. Razor glided over my skin pretty easily actually. Again, way better than their solid shave puck in my experience.

Post-Shave (5/10): There wasn't enough slickness left over for a second pass without more lather for quick touch ups, in my view, but there was enough residual product after a rinse that I felt I could probably get away without a balm on a summer day. There was definitely something left, which is what I'd expect out of a top performing soap, but I would've liked more of a post-shave. Still, my face felt hydrated and not irritated afterwards, so that's definitely in the right direction.

I think the post shave could be improved between passes, but the slickness per pass was actually pretty good. I managed to get a good shave out of this. It's definitely significantly better than my experience with their shave puck. Given it did a decent job performance wise, tolerated my hard water, and had a great smell, I'll definitely leave this in my rotation.

Overall (7/10)

DesertTime and ghostlife like this.