Album of the day/week/month/...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by BlueShaver, Jul 19, 2019.

1. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

2. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Steely Dan, Aja.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Tjebbe likes this.
  4. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Lonnie Liston Smith - Dreams of Tomorrow

I pulled this one out, cleaned it off and was amazed all over again. I love this album. Marcus Miller is one of my favorite bass players. And the great Buddy Williams appears on 4 of the 7 tunes with drums. I once went to a local BBQ restaurant with a friend that had recently begun having music. Went in to have a few drinks at the bar and maybe catch some tunes. We are talking about a very local, very no name place here. As we approached the front door the drums caught my ear. As a drummer they usually do. I said to my friend, the drummer sounds really good. We go in, sit down, order drinks. It was a keyboard player doing the bass lines and melody, a guitar player and drums. I'm really digging the drummer and I'm thinking he looks familiar but couldn't place it. But he was grooving his ass off. After a couple tunes, the keyboard player who was the leader introduces everyone. And who was playing drums? Buddy Williams. I was like, what is Buddy Williams doing playing in this dive? We're talking about a place that is about a half hour outside of Manhattan in NJ, in my town and literally about a half mile from my house. I was floored. Needless to say we stayed for the rest of the evening.

5. brit

brit in a box

awesome thread... download (1).jpg

BlueShaver and MntnMan62 like this.
  6. BlueShaver

Does anyone listen to albums anymore in this era of music streaming and short attention spans?

The Who are a band i have never been able to "get". I must give them another try and your suggestion is noted :)

brit likes this.
  7. BlueShaver

Great post, lovely to read about real life stories and it is a delight to hear the passion you have for the music.

Lonnie liston is a name i have heard but not listened to, so i need to change that! :)

MntnMan62 likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

only us older folks i guess..;)..i like their late 60s to their wind down in the late 70s after Kieth Moon died..rebellious angry british teenager music of the time is a loose description if you follow the albums..which i was ..

BlueShaver and MntnMan62 like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

191863061025.jpg

I picked these up at the local thrift store in excellent condition. Originally sold in 1968 and 51 years later still sound great! Paid less than $3 with tax. :happy108:

:eatdrink013:

BlueShaver and brit like this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Calexico Iron & Wine ~ Years To Burn

download.jpg

brit likes this.
  11. BlueShaver

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

download (7).jpg

BlueShaver likes this.
  13. BlueShaver

If you have never fancied listening to the Doors, just try listening to "The End" on this album. 12mins of insane genius.

brit likes this.
  14. BlueShaver

I quite enjoyed that!

Today's Album:

[​IMG]

(King Crimson: In the court of the Crimson King)

Tjebbe, brit and Boojum1 like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

their first album is one of their best..i like the e morrison hotel and la woman albums the most..

BlueShaver likes this.
  16. BlueShaver

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

51bMgKi7BiL._SX355_.jpg

:happy093:

brit likes this.
  19. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I love listening to Elvin take Trane to space and back.

20. BlueShaver

If you have a nice bit of kit, it is a really fabulous recording to listen to.

".....a love supreme,....a love supreme......"

Tjebbe, brit, MntnMan62 and 1 other person like this.