July 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2019.

?

With all of the freedom in July, how will you be shaving?

1. With straights. Because I'm a real man.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. With DE's. Because I'm a real man.

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. With SE's. Because I'm a real man.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. With pain sticks. Because I'm a real real man.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. With a combination of the above. Because I'm the realest man of all.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. And yes - I will be joining on Cinco de Julio. Because I'm a real brave man.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. And no - I will not be joining on Cinco de Julio. Because I'm a real smart man.

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  8. Can I please just have my cookies now? Seriously. I'm hungry. With ice cream.

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Gary!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, Trigger, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave sir .love the deluxe..

Linuxguile, Trigger, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

20190723_181253 (2).jpg hello my fello shavers,tuesday shave..new tech hybrid/nacet combo ..an eveready h40 generously piffed by @Rev579 and renotted by our Keith @Enrico with a flat top 2 band badger ..castle forbes lavender in the brit hotel sugar bowl..a fine 2 combination pass dfs+ was had with minor pick ups..speick original aftershave to finish as it's the closest thing to lavender i own..awesome stuff..have a fine wednesday gents..

AlDm, Hembree, b1hart and 13 others like this.
  4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Sorry it took so long to answer these, Rick. One answer is shorter than the other- yes, there is a ratio of Canadian content on Radio and TV. Most of that is made up of News and Sports, I think.
    The other question about regional, cultural differences is a very long answer. Other Canucks- @brit , @Screwtape , @9nein9 etc, please jump in!
    The first, longest and biggest cultural difference here is the two National languages- French and English. I think most are aware that we have one French province-Quebec- as well as other pockets of Francophones mainly in Eastern Canada, Manitoba and Alberta. Why? Super Condensed version- Canada was originally a French colony. The English had New England and the French had New France to the North and across the Great Lake region. Permanent settlements starting in the early 1600s. We only became an English colony after the 7 years war ended in 1763 with the French defeat. Still The English ignored their territory to the North except for resources (mainly fish and fur) until your revolution to the south in 1776. Then, all they had left was the chunk to the North. They kicked out many of The Francophones in Acadia and they ended up down your way (cajuns) and were replaced with English loyalists. Lots of stuff between the French Habitant settlers (why the Montreal Canadiens are called the Habs) and the English for the next century until 1867 when the country was formed. Quebec, Ontario and two Maritime provinces- an Eastern country at that point. The rights of the French in Quebec became embedded in the constitution then. Lots of fun stuff since, including terrorists (the FLQ), two votes to separate and a federal political party whose goal it is to leave. You can’t make this stuff up.
    That is enough for today! Lots more to keep you cured of insomnia to come if you want...

9nein9, Hembree, b1hart and 12 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Joseph..

Hembree, Linuxguile, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Terry!

Hembree, brit, Terry and 5 others like this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Wednesday shave: This Dovo is always a pleasure to maintain and shave with, today was no exception. Everything performed as expected and an enjoyable shave ensued.

Razor: Dovo Master’s
    Strop: Kanayama
    Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
    Pre: Proraso
    Soap: MdC
    AS: Jeris Osage AS, Creed ASB
    Scent: Creed Milésime Impérial

IMG_7010.jpg

AlDm, Hembree, b1hart and 12 others like this.
  8. Boojum1

July 24, 2019

'34 Gillette Red & Black DeLuxe
    Feather HS
    El Druida Robo 1 Manchurian
    Savonniere Du Moulin
    CRSW Lavish Aftershave
    ADP Cedro Di Taormina

[​IMG]

AlDm, Hembree, b1hart and 14 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

nice place, nice scenery ..too much traffic..too many taxes ..lower mainland anyway..friendly people..did i mention hockey?

Hembree, Linuxguile, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave sir..

Hembree, Linuxguile, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

nice rocket shave sir..

Hembree, Linuxguile, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

nice shave John..

13. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..

Hembree, Terry, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

So. How much does blade sharpness really matter. I guess I'm concluding usually not much. The not very sharp Treet Platinum did not serve the Stahly well while doing just fine in the FrankenSchone and Dart. Shave three (remember that's head and beard so multiply by at least three) on the Treet is with the Fine Marvel.

The objective sharpness testing Chase did for the Treet suggests superb edge retention so I expected a good shave if not a particularly close one but the Marvel-Treet delivered a great close shave. Real close. Like almost no pick-ups when I did a quick test with the Enders-Proline. To put this in perspective the Treet ranks 37th out of 47 blades tested in sharpness after two head and beard shaves (same as Derby Premium) where the BIC ranks #1. So go figure. It suggests to me the comparable Derby Premium might work equally well.

-----

My buddy Clay who took over my bar a couple years ago is an accomplished musician as well as publican, and fronts a great country band here. Went to see him Monday night, drank too much, Tuesday hangover -----,> spicy Korean ramen with fish cake hangover cure. Added some NZ mussels to the bim bm bop take away for dinner and ended the day feeling great.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    AlDm, Hembree, brit and 12 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

wednesday's shave razor.. we should get a group shot.. 20190723_195639.jpg

AlDm, Hembree, Linuxguile and 11 others like this.
  16. Boojum1

:signs001:

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Enablers, all. I'm going to have to hunt up a Red & Black case just so my NEW Deluxe won't feel homeless. It's already an oddball being replated in nickel.

18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

great explanation so far, Jason!

Hembree, Linuxguile, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Terry! It's pretty except for the tops of the doors showing nickel and it still works like a champ. I count that as being well loved by the previous owner.

Hembree, Terry, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

That is a start on understanding why each providence has it's own flavor. Y'all got a similar East to West settlement history as us down here. Lakes regions and coastal areas develop their own styles as do wide open plains. Toss in some mountains and that used to separate zones when folks rode horseback to get around. Soon as cars got reliable Tim Horton's started the homogenization from coast to coast?
    Gary - it's been a while since I knowingly talked to a Canadian face to face. You being a transplant do you find the "Friendly Canadian" stereotype true? It's not the same as a "Proper British" attitude.
    Growing up in Chicago I did my share of ice skating, but wasn't into combat on ice. Had a couple of neighbors who'd flood their back yards when we expected a long cold spell. Only had to walk a hundred feet to skate among the oak trees.

Hembree, Linuxguile, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.