August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Mr Pig with the much talked about cookies.

Maybe he is trying to convince the Csar @NCoxSTL that for the next meet up, chicken can be bbq'd too.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Frijolero, brit, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  2. Edison Carter

May you have a joyful and blessed anniversary celebration!

brit, jluc, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Terry. Although I may be in part responsible in the fact that I may/ may not have enabled you, I hereby declare I am not responsible for the results you achieve from using this (Cartel approved ) razor. But dang....it does shave ooooh so close . Mmmm

NCoxSTL, Frijolero, brit and 12 others like this.
  4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20190802_125615.jpg
    I came . I saw . I conquered. I'm happy to report the only blood on steel in this shave was the name on the soap. Probably wont need a headshave tomorrow after todays results . Took nice slow strokes at first and kept a steady hand . I'm flabbergasted at how well this thing shaves .

b1hart, NCoxSTL, Frijolero and 17 others like this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

:happy088:

ooooh so close...
    :)
    tp

brit, jluc, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Patrick!

brit, jluc, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Blackland The Sabre w/Hempel Handle
    Blade: Personna GEM (3)
    Brush: Elite Razor Gold Laced Black Onyx w/APShaveCo. Tuxedo Extra Dense
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Latha Oceana
    Cologne: Floid Blue
    Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Sinker Bowl

I will use a few Adjustable razors this month, however, I will free wheel it a little. I'm going to start going left to right on my shave soap shelf until I've used all my soaps. This will take longer than 30 days.

Good shave. For those who may be new to TSD here is some information on the brush handle and the Sinker bowl. This bowl was brought to my attention by the enabler known as Guy (@ram57). It is a great bowl.

Gold Laced Onyx Handle

The handle is made of Gold Laced Onyx, which is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, blood stone etc.

Occurring naturally in a variety of colours, Black Onyx is polished to enhance appearance , a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx.

Sinker Log Shave Bowl:
    In the late 1800's Cypress was cut for timber and floated out of the bayous in mass. Occasionally logs would sink to the bottom during the journey.

This is the wood used to make a limited quantity of shaving bowls. We have wood that has been underwater for 100+ years and who knows how old the tree was when it was harvested.
    Being in the water of the bayou the logs absorbed minerals and tannic acids to produce some amazing colors in the wood.
    To protect the wood I've used a walnut oil finish, if the shaving soap pulls the oil out of the wood you can reapply oil. I also use mineral oil with excellent results. This oil can be found at your favorite pharmacy on the aisle for laxatives. Yeah laxatives. It is inexpensive and works great.

These wooden shaving bowls are hand-turned in Easley, SC. They're made with the utmost precision and care. When quality is what you seek, this is the product you need! The full ribbed version helps with lathering your brush. Each bowl is unique in its own due to the natural wood used. All of our wooden products have been treated to handle water for the purpose of soaking a shave brush per-shave! After using the bowl, rinse thoroughly and leave out in the open to air dry completely before storage. Get one today and try it for yourself!!!

Outside dimensions - 6 1/4" tall; Inside dimensions - 6 1/2" w at the mouth of the bowl; 5 1/2" tall; 3 1/4" w at base. *Has ribs for lathering throughout the entire inside of the bowl.

2 8 19.jpg

wristwatchb, AlDm, NCoxSTL and 15 others like this.
  8. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Congrats on 30 years of marriage! Happy anniversary to you both!
    (At least I'm guessing that your bride is happy about it...??) :D
    Fabulous photo and setup too! :smiley respect:

wristwatchb, Frijolero, brit and 13 others like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Me likie the razor, congrats.............very nice!

brit, jluc, Norcalnewb and 8 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

BBQ chicken is a marvelous thing - but it still isn't ribs or pork. I'm all for equal opportunity BBQ, but I'm not letting the pigs get away! In fact, we could include some more of the pig for the adventurous among the meet up crowd. I used to frequent a small and out of the way soul food place in North St. Louis called Flames. They served every part of the pig. Ribs, chops, bacon, jowls, pig ear sandwiches, pickled pigs feet, snout....everything but the squeal as they say. Sadly, it's no longer in business but I used to go there a couple times a month when I worked for ADT and have lunch. Well, get lunch. You walked up to the metal grated window and ordered, then stood in the empty entry area until they handed you your food through the grate. But man oh man was it good.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    wristwatchb, Frijolero, brit and 14 others like this.
  11. Hembree

Happy birthday to your wife!

Glad your back home Clint.

Great shave gentlemen!

brit, Keithmax, jluc and 10 others like this.
  12. Hembree

Great shave this morning with some mostly descented Arko and a clone razor. It has been a crazy week but I ain't forgot about the group. Take care!
    20190802_062734.jpg

wristwatchb, b1hart, NCoxSTL and 17 others like this.
  13. Hembree

He was found hanging out at the Aliceville, Alabama Piggly Wiggly last Sunday. I spotted him and immediately thought of this group. Maybe a new mascot?

wristwatchb, Frijolero, brit and 10 others like this.
  14. Hembree

AWESOMENESS

brit, jluc, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  15. Hembree

Very nice shave happy camper!

16. Hembree

Nice shave!

brit, jluc, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  17. Hembree

Very nice Keith

brit, Keithmax, jluc and 8 others like this.
  18. Hembree

Awesome shave and the Wolf is a beauty!

19. Edison Carter

Great shave
    Great stuff
    Great write up
    Great photo
    Have a Great day

20. Hembree

Nice report and shave Neal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.