SOS August 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by celestino, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

Boru62, brit and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Fantastic shave with one of my top 3 razors. Beautiful lines, a delight to shave with. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender
    Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
    Lund 6/8
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

Lund 6:8 AO BMRL SR AOS.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Tommy.

Boru62, brit and clint64 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

August 10, 2019
    Gillette Slim J3
    Feather
    Thäter Olive Wood Synthetic
    Savonniere du Moulin
    Fine Italian Citrus

[​IMG]

5. brit

brit in a box

very cool set up and pic sir..

clint64 likes this.
  6. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Ah, I haven’t used my 10005 beechwood-handled brush in months. Now I’m inspired.

clint64 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir.my first one got a cracked handle from me soaking it in the sink..i am more careful this time and only soak the bristles..:)its a fine brush..

jtspartan, clint64 and GatorJoe like this.
  8. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I’m on my second as well. Knot separated on first due to soaking in the sink when I didn’t know better.

9. brit

brit in a box

they obviously need to specify that in the owners manual..:)

clint64 likes this.
  10. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Saturday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Rex Ambassador (S3)
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D1)
    Brush: Semogue 2018 TSN LE
    Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
    Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Oud
    Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
    Balm: Handmade Soap Co. Soothing Cream
    Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

11. brit

brit in a box

fantastic shave and pic sir..

clint64 and ram57 like this.
  12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Gary!!

Boru62, clint64 and brit like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

Boru62 and brit like this.
  14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

August 9 SOTD
    Cooper MonoBilt
    30mm SynBad/ Poculi handle
    B&M Seville
    Thayers
    CL Gratiot League Sq AS
    DB2C2F34-0986-463A-B1FB-C0B91B95C0B9.jpeg
    Have a great night, all!

15. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir.lovely pic..

jtspartan and clint64 like this.
  16. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Friday SOTN

I wanted to use my gear from yesterday but had to give the Karve a trial run before bed. Wow... Just really wow. Very very smooth with a new Astra Green blade and the C base plate (I can't wait to try D and E!). One very small weeper under my right jaw that's clearly my fault. It felt so comfy that I really started moving the razor around quickly on the 3rd pass. Never let your guard down . Needless to say, I'm liking what I see so far. Night all.

Josh

[​IMG]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Adjustable Arko August!!

August 9

Razor - 1959 (E4) Gillette 195 Fatboy (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum

Another Friday in the books. Hot and humid but let me tell you.....when Mrs. @Drygulch throws down "The Look"......things cool down FAST! I underwent some interrogation tonight after trying to bribe my way out with some great ribs and BBQ sauce (ribs seriously great, the sauce....needed some work). Even that bribe failed and I had to do some fast talking to absolve myself of the crimes I was accused of. Fortunately, I think she bought it and the Cartel is free to continue its enabling ways without further hindrance. Seriously it was a great dinner and we had a lot of fun, even if Adam and I nearly ran into one another as we each made some "interesting" moves in traffic. The best part? It wasn't planned, we didn't know the other one was there and we still nearly wrecked. Well, it wasn't really a terribly close call....but here's the video evidence.

Notice, first of all, the "St. Louis U-Turn" I pull...and even say it to myself as I'm doing it. See the little white car in front of me? That's Adam. Who should be in the dedicated right turn lane you'll see as I complete the turn. As I surprise him by whipping the U, he makes a quick turn as the restaurant we're headed to is right there on the corner. It comes into view in the end of my turn as well. The best part? He asked me if I noticed the little white car that nearly smacked me and I had no idea what he was talking about. I briefly noticed him in my peripheral vision as I completed the u-turn but it didn't register as anything other than "what was that". Good thing we're both talented drivers as well as highly alert individuals.

Shave tonight was another exercise in simple elegance. The '59 Fatty comes out to play with a fresh Voskhod. Definitely a "detente" setup with American brass and Soviet steel. Arko with the Omega 10066 for the win and three passes delivered the baby and a great end to a day. I also came home to a couple of item in the mailbox. The Semogue 1305 that the Fuzzyman @wchnu insists we should all have arrived and I haven't even unboxed it yet as you can see below. And, a Grade A Silvertip knot from TGN also arrived. I have plan for that. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

[​IMG]

18. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

10 August 2019

* Weber DLC + Stork Ex Brass
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * Epsilon 2-Band + Doug Korn Faux Briarwood C7
    * Mystic Water Cedar/Sage
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

19. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Did you layer those 3 scents?

20. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

L'Artisan Premier Figuier was done by the same perfumer who did Phylosikos (Olivia Giacobetti). I preferred L'Artisan Premier Figuier over Phylosikos, however they both smell extremely similar and I class both as being in the same scent profile. Both smell like the whole fig tree, ie, wood, leaves and fruit. For some reason I can't explain, Phylosikos seemed to have an almost 'bug spray' vibe in it. I think it was the mixture of wood and leaves in the fragrance that somehow just did sit with my nose, but nobody else seems to pick it up but me and other than that 'effect' it has on my nose, everything else about the scent is hyper realistic and just a good scent. L'Artisan Premier Figuier however doesn't have that 'bug spray' effect and has everything else I enjoyed about Phylosikos. So, for me, L'Artisan Premier Figuier is the winner. Through this evaluation of 'fig' fragrances I came to the conclusion I'm just not big on fig scents. And I already own Le Labo The Noir 29, which is a fig-based fragrance that I hardly ever wear. I had a hard time justifying buying any fig fragrance except Costume National Homme, which is so dramatically unique. Costume National Homme has a scent that cheers me up. It's a positive-vibe type scent. Hard to explain, but I think you will get what I'm saying when you smell it. It's a 'good mood' / 'happy' scent. Dried fruits with a central fig note and what seems like a minty-candy-lavender surrounding it. I had to have it.

If I bought any fig scent after this it would be L'Artisan Premier Figuier, then I would have to sell The Noir 29 because I know I'd never reach for it if I owned L'Artisan Premier Figuier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.