Pasteur pharmacy - Round 2

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by StormyWeather, Aug 8, 2019.

1. StormyWeather

StormyWeather Well-Known Member

Haul for today

Nocturne smells like a barn full of apples in New England. Basically just like the description. Spot on.

Terror is a very light citrus and menthol. Very clean scent. Almost like any ocean related deodorant but with menthol, and not overpowering in its presentation.

Bang smells to me like pez. A pez dispenser. Unexpectedly sweet.

[​IMG]

McCrae, Keithmax, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool..the nocturne sounds interesting..

3. StormyWeather

I'm also really interested in how the bang performs. The scent reminds me of pez or bazooka joe gum from when I was a kid. Something like that.

brit likes this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

PAA is pretty good soap, IMO. That one (I think it is actually called Alt-Eleven) is a clone of Alt-Innsbruck, which is a tobacco flower scent.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  5. StormyWeather

Interesting. To me it has a very sweet scent. I assumed it was the flower, and not the leaf, by the scent.

Still, to me, it smells like pez crossed with bazooka joe.

brit likes this.
  6. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

How much Terror do they have in stock? Soap and AS? And is Diamond still around?

brit likes this.
  7. StormyWeather

Terror there were plenty in stock.

Not sure about the other ones you’re talking about. I know they dropped soap commander.

brit likes this.
  8. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Diamond is still there as well

9. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Anyone have Diamond in their rotation? Is it a daily driver? Is it too weird? Could it be done year round in states with seasonal weather?

10. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Just went to Pasteur and couldn’t help myself. Was mesmerized by the Caties Bubbles “midnight dreary” soap as well as the Ariana and Evans “vanille et tabac”. The former being mysterious and complex and the latter being impossible to resist.

Picked up a half off PAA “alt 11” AS and some personna blue blades as well. I know PAA has a questionable past, but damn if their stuff - AS anyway - ain’t top shelf. Fantastic scent profiles and face feel.

Pasteur is a wonderland, and I rarely leave with what I came intent to purchase.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Trigger and brit like this.