Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type D w/schick blade, shave 3.
    sd.jpg

I used a broken in blade from the Enders since I could hand load this razor. Shave was not what I was expecting. This razor has a lot of blade feel but is not aggressive at all. Though I do think with a few shaves and technique adjustments I can bang out some better shaves than this first one. Right now this one sits behind the I2, E2, M2 on 3 quarters setting or higher for closest shave with Schick injectors so far that I've used.

jimjo1031, Ron R, Karl G and 7 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 15th August.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED.2band
    P & B Citra Royale
    Gem Micromatic OC- brass
    Gem S/S [ 1 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As far as Gem Micromatics are concerned many consider the Original to be the best of the Trio. When I first used it, I was probably too heavy-handed and suffered the consequences. However, now even with a fresh blade provided that a light touch is used , I can get the closest of all round Shaves without any problems during or post Shave. Though IMHO it is the best Shaver of the Micromatics, I like the slightly chubbier handle on the Bullet Tip.

IMG_0621.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    BigD, jimjo1031, Karl G and 8 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #376
    Eversharp H2 Hussy
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Arko Shaving Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #376 Brush. I did two passes with the Eversharp H2 Hussy razor with a Personna Injector Blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 15, 2019

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Schick Plus Platinum
    Razor: Schick Adjustable
    Brush: Ever Ready 100T restored badger
    Soap: Stirling Blood on Steel

SOTD 8-15-19.jpg

BigD, jimjo1031, Karl G and 7 others like this.
  5. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

E-R Streamline/Jewel
    Pal Super Carbon

IMG_20190815_160950.jpg
    The Lavender ASL came sooner than expected, so second day in a row with the Mickey Lee soap, not that I'm complaining.
    The Herbs of Bulgeria on the other hand was disappointing, a big hit of alcohol before the underwhelming lavender eventually came through.
    A real pity because their rose variety is great vfm. Ah well...
    ....at least the Streamline never disappoints.
    Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type D w/schick blade, shave 4.
    sd.jpg

Got a closer shave today with some serious skin stretching and apply a lot more pressure on the blade. I'd say closeness is now about equivalent to the M2 on the 3 quarter setting. Lot of work though for the shave, it is like shaving with a Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed with a super sharp blade, serious exposure but no bite to it. Not only that it is almost impossible to cut yourself with this thing shaving the way the head is designed. The difference between this and a blue tip is a blue tip would never get me this close a shave technique adjustments or not.

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 16th August.

RazoRock Syn 22mm
    Speick Active soap
    Ever Ready 1912- Bathroom Set
    Gem S/S [ 1 ]
    Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I think this 1912 has replaced the Gem Jnr as my favourite 1912 Razor. It really does provide a most smooth and comfortable Shave with an excellent close finish. I reckon that I have good box of Gem blades, as again I have no problems using a fresh blade today.

IMG_0622.jpg

8. vittocia

vittocia Active Member

Hi all I just pick this up on ebay Eversharp Schick Injector
    I was wondering if you guys have
    some info on it and is it any good as a razor? I have never owned an
    injector
    Also can someone give me a recommendation on the new blades to buy and maybe where?
    I paid $30 AU including postage
    thanks in advance
    Paul
    PS I'm in Australia
    schick1.jpg schick.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    BigD, jimjo1031, Karl G and 6 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #376
    Eversharp H2 Hussy
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Arko Shaving Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #376 Brush. I did two passes with the Eversharp H2 Hussy razor with a Personna Injector Blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Nice looking razor, Its a G type (G8) because of the double pat #'s and has no side wings or ears on the main spring. Lots of folks like the G razors and would recommend brand
    new blades to enjoy your shave the most. I had some old stock blades that were 50+ yrs old and were not that good as these newer blades.
    s-l225 (2).jpg These are referred to as Schick blades and work very well in my injectors & others enjoy them also.
    http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm great site for quick reference to Schick razors IMO.
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, brit, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  11. vittocia

vittocia Active Member

Thanks @Ron R thanks for the info mate It was only posted from Greece on the 14/8 so I have a bit of a wait still I will order a pack when it gets here
    never tried an injector just like any thing vintage razor
    cheers
    mate

jimjo1031, Karl G and PLAla like this.
  12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I like the fact that my neighborhood Bi-Mart stocks the Schick Injector Blades. If only the dispensers contained more than 7- blades.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Karl G and PLAla like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Actually that’s a white handled G1. The G8 has a ribbed handle. Here’s what’s probably everyone’s favorite reference resource for Schicks: http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm :happy088:

GatorJoe and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

After trading some enjoyable PMs with @Bird Lives I decided it was time to let my straights rest a bit and indulge in some of my favorite single edge razors. The Floating-Head Personna with a Twin blade is one of the best shaves you can get. How could I resist? :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Personna Floating Head
    NOS Schick Twin Blade
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

JPEG image.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

BigD, Boru62, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I believe you are correct, I was looking a little to quickly.

Karl G likes this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick J2 w/Schick blade, shave 5.
    j2.jpg

Since I could unload this blade out of the type D I decided to use this razor to test something since I am pretty sure accepted I and J injector designations are incorrect. I wanted to see if this razor stacks with a black handle I1 which it does. They are the exact same shaver, only difference is the handle style. This and the I1 with the black handle are so far the mildest Schick injectors I've used so far. Next 2 shaves will be with both white handle I1 variants to see how they compare.

So to summarize these 2 razors pictured here are the same from a shave standpoint so it would be a matter of preference which handle style you prefer. If anyone ever updates the existing nomenclature the white handle I1 razors should be left as I1, the black handle I1 changed to I2 and the Hydro magic I2 redesignated as an I3 to make things consistent between the I and J injectors.

j2.jpg I1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    BigD, jluc, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick I1 (I55v1) w/Schick Proline B-20, shave 1.
    i1a1.jpg i1a2.jpg

I did something I normally don't do and shaved twice in one day since that earlier day shave with the J2 was just not that close. Since I am evaluating my I and J injectors to see which stay and go. First up is the I1 white handle variant with the Eversharp Schick stamping on the head. I won't be able to say for sure until tomorrow but I would say it is similar to the same as the I2 hydro-magic for overall aggressiveness and closeness of shave.

BigD, jluc, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Same here, Schick L razors just don't do it for me. Always have stubble even after three whole passes.

brit likes this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 17th August

Jayaruh Syn. No67
    Vitos Super Red
    Occams V2/ No 3 plate
    Feather Pro Guard [ 1 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Previously I have used the Occams on a No3 Plate [ aggressive] with a Schick Proline which was a bit harsh, the Kai CTM-Pink was much better. Today I tried a Feather Pro-Guard as recommended by the Supplier. From the off it was apparent that this blade worked well with the Razor, nice blade feel to show the blade doing its work. Probably one of my quickest ever Shaves, with the kind of finish that I rarely get with other Razors.

I suspect that I have found an ideal Special Occasion Razor, when I need a Top Notch Shave with little chance of mishap. The Occams V2 certainly works for me.

IMG_0624.jpg

BigD, Jayaruh, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  20. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Saturday SE shave
    Recently I have been using my Schick Type G almost exclusively. Such a wonderful piece of engineering.
    20190807_142711_resized.jpg

BigD, Karl G, jbr63 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.