August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice start to the day! Enjoy your time with you mom, Clint!

Linuxguile, Hembree, jluc and 4 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fantastic shave Clint..

3. brit

brit in a box

very cool Terry..first one i have seen was yours..definitely unique..

Trigger, Linuxguile, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thanks Gary!
    Thamnk you Clint!
    Thanks Joe! I think the soap maker, grandson of an Italian Barber (!) was having issues with Brand Recognition. All his scent names were in Italian so that created more confusion. He has rebranded as "Eleven". If I'm understanding the details, he also reformulated into a tallow soap. Not sure if he's a member here, but he's active at The Shave Nook as "racebmx".

Keithmax, Linuxguile, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I will research it, thanx!

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very cool Terry. Great shave report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

To update my Adjustable August Black and White theme, I'm still using the same Parker brand blade I started the month with. I shave about every two days but this month I have gone longer (3-4) a couple of times so the blade has less then ten uses on it. It's already getting tuggy but still works and gives a good result. I'll say that it seems a little early for the amount of decline it has when I've done this (excalibur) with brands like Derby or Shark and had better longevity from those. It's anybody's guess who actually manufactures the "Parker" branded blades.

The Black Beauty works great and I quite like it. I have the long handled Super 109 but I think I would prefer the shorter Super 84 version as it's a little closer to the other vintage models like the Techs and Super Speeds etc. It's the only adjustable I own and to be honest I don't really see the point of them. Personally, once I adjust anything to my preference, it never gets changed again. So I can't see myself hunting for a Fatboy or Slim even though they look pretty cool. Well, the Bond year Slim........maybe, just because.

Other than that I'll continue punishing that Parker blade until September.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Perry. That is great you were able to find both razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  9. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

We recently had a WC open less than a mile from our house. My wife's new obsession is Impossible Sliders (cheese, no extra salt).

Within more or less the same distance, we also have a McD's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Five Guys, Smashburger, Red Robin, KFC, and Boston Market. Go a bit further and you hit a Roy Rogers. All this deep in the Jersey Shore!

10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Perry
    It works rather nice, for a mild child.
    tp

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  11. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Joe
    I'm certain Fuzzy would say it's a one of a kind 2 sidded thingy.
    tp

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  12. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't been around much of late. Work was a bear for most of last week and the beginning of this week. For those familiar with software development, I was hunting a showstopper of a bug in an installer that only showed up when you ran a silent install (which is what the customer wanted to do) and had not occurred in previous versions of the software, even though we didn't change the installation script. Turned out to be an initialization error of the sort where you wonder how it ever worked.

Last few shaves have been with the Pal Adjustable because it was handy, but I want to get back to one or more DE Adjustables for the rest of the month.

Hope you are all doing well. I'm afraid that I've skipped a hundred or so pages to try and get caught up.

13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

T
    Thanks Gary
    Haven't seen anything like it either, so I had to take it home.
    tp

14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great shave Rick.
    tp

15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great shave Clint
    Jave a nice visit with your mother.
    tp

16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

That PAL is a nice razor, kinda mild but nice. Trying to keep up with this tread is nearly impossible.
    Good luck
    tp

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Clint
    tp

Trigger, Linuxguile, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's the way to pick up an iconic razor. Stop looking. You might still visit your local resale shops; thrift or antique, and garage or estate sale. Since you aren't suffering from RAD there's no temptation to ebay at retail prices. Let Fortune & Chance guide you to five dollar deals by folks selling cruddy old relics instead of Collector Pieces. The difference is scrubbing off someone else's soap scum. And big bucks.

I'm sure someone knows the weight differences for Black Beauties VS. Slims and Fat Boys. There's a similarity to BB & Slim head geometry - flatter that the more domed #195's. Prior to my recent uses with a Slim I'd have proclaimed Fat Boys superior. Now I need to Focus the Slim to learn just how well it does perform.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  19. brit

brit in a box

riding the cap ish on nine with my slim was a very comfortable pass..i like the slim head design ant the handle balance is very nice..i am glad i ventured out and used it for a week..the fatboy was great as well on 9,or any setting as well just different due to weight and length..will definitely use both more often..

20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

#9 seems to be catching on...
    Nice Gary

tp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.