I Think I'm Gonna Like This Rockwell 6C

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by redmed, Aug 8, 2019.

1. redmed

redmed Member

My first shave with my new Rockwell 6C. I read that most use #3 or #4 so I used#3. Instead of a new blade I took a Astra SP out of my Gillette Slim. This blade has been used for four shaves. This blade gave three good shaves in a Gillette SuperSpeed then I put in the Slim set at 7 and the face shave was good but I nicked myself three times on the back of my head. I put this blade in the Rockwell and got the best shave with this blade. One of the best shaves I ever had. Tomorrow I'm going for plate #4.

dmshaver, Hembree, McCrae and 2 others like this.
  2. terstation

terstation Active Member

You indeed are going to enjoy your Rockwell. The quality is great and they feel amazing in the hand. You will have to find out which blade suits you, as I prefer the 5 & 6 plates. Glad you found something you like and many happy shaves to you.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

dmshaver, Hembree, McCrae and 2 others like this.
  3. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

I've been using the 6S exclusively for almost a year now and it's been great! The 5 plate is my go to, with an Astra sp blade; I get great shaves.

Hembree and terstation like this.
  4. redmed

redmed Member

Plate #4 was better (closer) than #3 with the Astra SP on the fifth shave with this blade. Now the mailman just delivered some Bic Chrome Platinum's. Tomorrow morning I have to decide what plate to try a fresh Bic blade that is supposed to be sharper than the Astra.

Hembree, terstation and McCrae like this.
  5. terstation

terstation Active Member

My recommendation would be to stick with one kind of blade to take out a factor. Then try out different plates to find your number. Once you get there stick with it for a bit to knock out your technique.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

dmshaver, McCrae and Hembree like this.
  6. redmed

redmed Member

Tried the Bic Chrome Platinum for the first and second shave in my SuperSpeed. Since the SuperSpeed was what I'm used to shaving with and wanted to use a known razor before I started experimenting with both a new blade and new razor. The Bic did not feel as sharp or as smooth in the SuperSpeed as with Astra SP's. For the third Bic shave I tried the Rockwell 6c with plate #3. It was much smoother and felt sharper too, than with the SuperSpeed, but was not as close as I expected. So I switched to plate #4 and I finished the shave with the same smoother and sharper shave but it was now also very close. I think I found a good combination for the Bic Chrome Platinum blade Rockwell 6c with plate #4. I did feel some burning on the neck with the Alum. Next whole shave will be using the Rockwell 6c with plate #4.

dmshaver and McCrae like this.
  7. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I've loved my 6c ever since buying it off one of the BST boards, don't see the need to "upgrade" to a 6s. I do think that the 1/2 plates are just not efficient enough to even use, I'd be interested to know if there were many of those purchased as individual plates when they were offering them for sale separately.