Poll: Chick-fil-A vs. Popeye's, chicken sandwiches.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Aug 26, 2019.

?

Which chicken sandwich is better??

1. Chick-fil-A

68.4%
  2. Popeye's

31.6%
  1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I haven't tried the Popeyes version, yet. But, if it is better, I might be switching. Chick-fil-A makes a very good chicken sandwich though.

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I like Popeyes, but I would take Chick-fil-A over just about anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wristwatchb, RyX, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I'm a Chick Filet guy all the way! We don't have any Popeye's near me, but there are tons of Chick Filets! Love their Spicy Chicken sandwich! Popeye's new spicy chicken is supposed to be better! Already had it! Went into Philly to do so, and I disagree that it's better!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  4. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I've had Chick Fil A and have eaten at Popeye's Neither are close enough for me to be a loyal follower of either. What we do have a lot of, and one within 4 minutes of my home, is Bojangle's. I don't know their range, but if you have a chance, give them a try. They are "cajun" style leaning more toward a Popeye's style, in my opinion. Good chicken, biscuits, and breakfast biscuits too any time they are open.

RyX, Hembree, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Too biased for this one, as I've only tried Popeye's. I'm betting Chick Fil A though. as I hear more ads about them. Soon there will be a Chick Fill-A Stadium, you read it here first. I don't foresee a "Popeye's Arena" in the future, lol.

6. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I've had both and there is no comparison. Chik-fil-a for the win. We currently have a Popeyes and have a Chik-fil-a opening soon.

DaltonGang, RyX, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If I had to choose (out of hunger and proximity), I go with Chick-fil-a.

I eat at home due that my wife's cooking (and mine) put's most others cooking to shame.

:eatdrink020:

DaltonGang, Primotenore, RyX and 2 others like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Born Cajun, enjoy cayenne pepper over "red" pepper, but I'll give props to Chick-Fil-A. It's simple with a bun and dill pickles, dab of mayo. Don't do much drive through food but I did choose Popeyes to feed the family couple days ago. The young grandkids prefer the chicken finger in mild, I like spicy on the bone. Great honey biscuits and I always get the Dirty Rice.

DaltonGang likes this.
  10. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Between Chick-Fil-A and Popeyes I have to agree with Dudley and call it a tie.

For the best fast food chicken sandwich (with a lesser range) I would vote
    image.png
    If there is one near you I recommend their cayenne ranch chicken sandwich with a side of fried okra or the chicken and waffles.

DaltonGang and Hembree like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Chick-Fil-A by a country mile. Great milkshakes too. :eatdrink020:

DaltonGang and Hembree like this.
  12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Haven't had a chance to try the Popeye's. The closest one to me is a half hour away and had a half hour wait and was running out of sandwiches. Then stopped selling it because of drive-thru issues. I can be a Chick Fil A in 2 minutes from my house. The same line there would only last 5 minutes, and I'm always greeted with a smile. So I'm biased, but...Chick Fil A. They never run out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wristwatchb and DaltonGang like this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

i too like the service, and attitudes, at Chick-fil-A. It is a Christian based business, and it shows.

SharptoothC and wristwatchb like this.
  14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Terry, DaltonGang and wristwatchb like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Not exactly a barbershop quartet(or "multitet" for that matter), but it'll do. At the beginning, you see the woman nodding her head....she forget the lyrix er sumethin'?). Are you in that crowd, Mr. Cawtuh?

Edison Carter likes this.
  16. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

My ability to engage in musical persuits is limited to turning controls.

I saw the vid and thought it was cool.

Terry and Paul Turner like this.
  17. Paul Turner

It was nice indeed. In college, I took the FCC exam. Failed that baby right outta the ballpark, so I can't turn controls. Ahhh, that's all right, my voice is too laid-back anyway :).

Terry and Edison Carter like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Ahhh, you join me in the Department of Bias on this one. :)

SharptoothC likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Between the two, I'd go with Chic-Fil-A. But in my opinion, there is one better, and that's Zaxby's.

Terry and Edison Carter like this.
  20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Agree 100%. I've never had a bad experience there, always positive. I'd go more often, but all the high-calorie goodies there are just too tempting. I could work off the calories in the Play area, but I'm usually too full by that time. :)

SharptoothC and Edison Carter like this.