What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Date code tells me it's so fresh, it's still under warranty. ;)

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Waiting for five two banded badger knots (four 20mm and one 22mm). A couple record player needles. Two Century cosmetic brushes to be modified.

Waiting for that slow boat from China. :eek:

:eatdrink013:

S Barnhardt, 9nein9, brit and 3 others like this.
  3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Waiting for a new Silver Tip Badger brush from WCS. Got it through their Labor Day sale.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Jorvaljr, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Congrats......it looks like a mirror!

brit and jluc like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very nice....me likie and she will look great on a nato!

brit likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm in a Schrödinger's cat paradox moment. The Traveling Box Round Two has arrived, but I haven't opened it yet. Is it full of ....? Who knows what weighs eleven pounds and fits in a reinforced USPS large flat rate Priority box!
    Banana for scale. ;)
    The Box Round Two arrives.gif
    Watch The Haul for more details.

There's a rumor about a third round open to fine upstanding TSD Members.

9nein9, brit and jluc like this.
  7. jgreenepa

Rick:

You lost me! What’s the Traveling Box Round?

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit likes this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Danny!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  9. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Sven 21” saw.... does this count.....lol??!

brit likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Jeff - Imagine you have a dozen pounds / five kilos of shave gear you just don't use. So you come to TSD, gather a list of names and addresses, and mail that shave gear to the first guy. He receives it, pulls out stuff he likes and refills The Box with gear he doesn't use. Mail it to the next guy. Eventually the last guy on the list sends it back to the Originator. There's a possibility none of the original stuff is still in the box. Since he started it everything in the box is his to keep. This takes a bit of trust between Gentlemen. When pulling items and refilling The Box there's the hope of maintaining or increasing the value of gear. Entire Boxes have be swiped by unscrupulous individuals.

This Box is on it's Second Trip around. You can see the action HERE. There is a cost involved - paying the postage fee of $19.95. Because of shipping regulation this Box doesn't leave the CONUS zone. No Customs inspection or higher shipping costs.

S Barnhardt, 9nein9 and brit like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Sounds interesting! Please keep me in mind for future Trips!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit and RyX like this.
  12. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

More overtime money spent.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, Jorvaljr and RyX like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

These are not TSD sponsored events. Generally they happen between folks who've been around long enough to have traded, bought, or sold some gear with other Members. That Trust thing. Anyone can organize a Pass Around, I only assisted by sharing my experience from participating in a Soap Pass Around, and a Prototype Injector "The Bunny" Pass Around. Well, not only assisted as I'm the current holder of this Box. Within a week or ten days I need to pack it up and it moves on. That gives me time to try out a razor or three, consider the 5 or 7 brushes, scoop a sample of any soaps that interest me. Then I go through my unused gear, or check with my local suppliers for stuff to add. There tends to be some chatter between the participants so select items might be marked for someone down the line. In this Box there's a full puck of Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime that I'll pull unless someone else desires a sample. Also a couple of tiny Gerber type Multi Tool pocket knives that got marked for my grand daughters. I think I'm going to add ... enough here. Visit The Traveling Box thread!

brit likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Paul Turner, brit and Zykris like this.
  16. jgreenepa

Well, i’ll patiently wait out my 45 day period do some trading, and then, who knows?

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit and RyX like this.
  17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:happy088:

brit and RyX like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yeah, but I bet it'll be worth it. :)

brit and jluc like this.
  19. Rev579