Mixing different soaps, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Omelmad, Feb 11, 2014.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I just grated, Haslinger and Snake Bite together; which is one step away from mixing lather.

2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I recently mixed Mike's Barbershop with Mike's Vetiver. The 2 scents blended well together and it was fun to experiment.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Unless one is ammonium nitrate and the other diesel, I say go for it.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Over the past five years I was given, (through PIFs, trades, and I don't know (they thought they were rabbits)) many pucks of soap that had lost 99% of their original scent. They work very well, but I like a little scent while I shave and not just the scent of Ivory soap. I consolidated the bunch in my wife's Hobart mixer and got them down to about four or five pucks of fine preforming soap. I later gave two or three away to new shavers, but still had a few on the shelf.

Recently I recently I received in a pass around a couple wonderful soaps that had the scent of leather and tobacco, but the lather didn't last long. I decided to mix them with the scentless soap and ended up with some very nice lathering soap with great scent. I shall call it Rough Rider.

:eatdrink013:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    RyX, brit and MR41 like this.
  5. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with a mix of Williams and Dove bath soap. Dove comes in different scents, so far I've tried Tangerine, Cucumber and Shea Butter. The result with New Williams/Dove mix is a wonderful rich, slick, hydrating, long lasting lather. I mix 1 puck of new Williams and half bar of Dove, Shave, mix and press into bowl using a bit of warm water to help blend and press into bowl.

RyX, PatrickA51, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very interesting!

brit likes this.
  7. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

I used shave sticks as my dominant soap for years. When they got too short to comfortably use, I would toss them into a mug. The resulting lather from the mixed stick ends was always good. I still like to mix soaps for fun. It is a good way to get some mediocre performers to improve. I also mixed a melt and pour bay rum scented soap with Arco, and created a great lathering and great smelling soap.

RyX and brit like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

No it's not. Straight up molesting the williams. I am working on getting that outlawed around the world. It is already illegal across the street...

Enrico, brit and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

What about Frankensoap made from scraps, bits of samples, and leftovers?

brit likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Fine if not mixing with the Williams.

Enrico, RyX and brit like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're off to a good start. Across the street counts around the world.

SLIMY IS THE NEW FUZZY-but that's only in animal talk :).

RyX and brit like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

We do have members world wide!!...I am not changing my name to slimy.......

RyX and brit like this.
  13. Paul Turner

So you're a Mad Scientist here too, eh?(like me).

RyX and brit like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Wouldn't want you to :).

RyX, brit and wchnu like this.
  15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Those Soap Queens that require adherence to strict elite handling regulations should get the heave-ho!

Life is too short. Go fresh, Go Stirling!

RyX and brit like this.
  16. Tallships

Mixing the old Vintage Williams I would agree and not mix at all, but even you must miss the Old Williams Mug Soap, I think my first puck of Williams was 10 cents, it worked up a fast, rich, hydrating, slick lather. The new Williams now days makes a fairly good lather but something is missing.

RyX, brit and Edison Carter like this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is different no doubt. But..... it is itself a great soap. I have preached no blooming or molesting Williams for a long time. People do it...but then again people do a lot of silly stuff.

RyX and brit like this.
  18. Tallships

I guess you like Williams like I like Cella. Found Cella at Pastures while visiting family and old haunts a few years back, now on my third kilo.

RyX and brit like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a sample of Cella I have used. I really need to use it more. Nice soap.

brit and RyX like this.
  20. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

"Nix"
    einstein-albert-scientist-physicist-theorist-face-tongue-61017.jpg