SOS September 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by celestino, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

This thread :smiley respect:

clint64 and Tim Spencer like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY 9/5
    20190906_182159(0).jpg

Adaigo Road Coconut Lime Verbana for yesterdays soap choice. Ordered this unknown soap from Etsy a few days ago for a whopping $6.74 shipped, soap comes in a 2oz puck wrapped in paper and shipping was super fast. Have had this one on my radar for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger. This soap is loaded with good ingredients and is made with Lamb Tallow.

Scent is Coconut Lime Verbena and is about medium strength about 6/10 which is plenty strong for this type of scent IMO.

Soap lathers well and produces a stable lather that has the consistancy of a cream with no bubbles but rather a thick dense texture. Will need to experiement further but so far i am happy with this product and have no complaints. Managed a decent shave and finished off with Myrsol Emulsion leaving the skin soothed and refreshed.

Hope yall had a great shave!
    20190905_195409.jpg
    20190905_195412.jpg

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

20190906_182542.jpg

Ellegant Rose English Rose was the soap choice for this evening. Discovered this artisan at last years Maggard Meet Up and was so impressed i later went to their site to try other scents and products. Very good stuff!

Scent of English Rose is of course Rose but with a Geranium background giving it a sharp fresh boost. A very well done scent IMO which quickly became one of my favorite Rose scents.

Performance is excellent IMO and delivers everything one would want in a shave soap in Spades. Lathers easily and can hold a good amount of water without breaking down. Slickness thru the roof and leaves the skin feeling great afterwards, no issues with touch ups without visable lather. This is one i highly recommend and the folks at Ellegant Rose are great people to do business with.

Hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible!
    20190906_183050.jpg
    20190906_183053.jpg

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What kind of clay-Bentonite?

SHAVEWIZARD420 and clint64 like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

SATURDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Olivier Creed
    [​IMG]

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Tea Tree
    Bath Soap - Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Lemon Verbena Bar Soap
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Antique Gillette 1907 Old-Type fully restored and re-plated in gold by Razor Emporium
    Blade - [​IMG] *28th Shave!
    Shave Brush - Gentleman's Hangar Synthetic
    Shave Stand by Robert Evans on Etsy. Must request custom project to order.
    Shave Soap - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    Pre-shave Oil - Lather & Wood "unscented"
    Aftershave - Country Club for Men "1837"
    Post-Shave Balm - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Mysterium Serum
    Deodorant - Ooh La Active Organics "Lemon-Mint"
    Fragrance - Creed Royal Water

Well, it's likely that after this shave I will retire the greatest blade I encountered. The last time I shaved with it, only one side was efficient enough to shave and it was just beginning to show the first signs of weakness and a bit of irritation. I will do my best to finish the shave without incident then call it at 28 shaves. I hope it surprises me and I give it another shave, but my judgement thinks that it will falter again at shave #28. It had a great run of 26 solid shaves. Gotta give it one more chance though.

It's been over 3 years since I got into elevating my wet shaving game and it's one of the best times of my day as a result. Shaves like this one are a prime example.

***EDIT - BBS shave. 3-passes + clean up. I had to chase the BBS. The blade took many strokes to get the hair. So, this was the final shave with the Wonder Blade. I got BBS at the price of a tad of irritation. Hopefully the alum block will get that worked out in a few hours post-shave. The redness should fade soon. (My skin likes to get red over any minor irritation.)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  6. Tim Spencer

Cool! I bought Elegant Rose Geranium deodorant to pair with my Creed Vetiver Geranium fragrance. It really pairs well and a great deodorant.

7. Tim Spencer

It is a pretty epic run lately.

brit and clint64 like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 7, 2019
    O.R.E.N. with 2 Dot Plate
    Feather Pro
    30 DC LE with Tuxedo
    Speick Shave Cream
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica

[​IMG]

9. brit

brit in a box

lovely shave Kevin,have a great weekend..

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very nice sir..cool bike..:)

clint64 and DaltonGang like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

classy set up sir..

clint64 and Tim Spencer like this.
  12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

SEptember 6th SOTD
    GEM Jr
    Simpsons CH2 Synthetic
    Strop Shoppe Baker Street
    Thayers
    Stirling Baker Street
    F944482C-ADF9-4819-98DB-245B5E1938B5.jpeg
    Have a great night all!

13. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

8E1622BA-EA06-41F3-A4D3-19851B7A0325.jpeg Shower and Shave of the Day
    September 6, 2019

* Shower:
    • Dove For Men Fresh Clean 2n1 Shampoo/Conditioner
    • Dove For Men Comfort Clean Body Wash

* Shave:
    • Prep: Hot Shower, Nivea For Men Moisturizing Face Wash
    • Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    • Lather: Cella (bowl lathered)
    • Razor: Dollar Tree Assured Safety Razor
    • Blade: Dollar Tree Assured Blade (no kidding - first use)
    • Passes: WTG/ATG

I was browsing Dollar Tree several months ago and found they had a DE razor. I blindly purchased it and forgot I had it until I was cleaning out my trunk and lo and behold. So I decided to give it a whirl today. First thing I noticed, it’s insanely poorly built as expected. The TTO butterfly doors could easily be bent with two fingers and after twisting to open, I found that the doors wanted to close which made Blade loading slightly more difficult than it should be.

As for the blade, it was the Assured brand (no name of the actual blade - nothing at all was printed on it). I decided to do only two passes with it. As expected, it was stupid mild and handle heavy. I felt slight drag on the blade. No nicks or cuts. Super mild shaver. Passable? Sure. Fun? Far from it.

The Cella, in case you’re wondering why it’s in that tub is because a nice guy from Ohio had sent me 1/4th of the kilo of it to try out. Bowl lathered nicely and provided exceptional post shave feel.

After care was barely needed. Not sure if it was because of the mild nature of the razor or the wonderful moisturizing effect from the Cella. Just splashed on a little Old Spice to disinfect anything for precaution. Overall, not a terrible shave. I may keep playing with this razor with other blades this week. I’ll keep posted.

14. brit

brit in a box

fantastic shaves and pics gents..

clint64, Str8on2, ilts and 2 others like this.
  15. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, you too mate.

clint64 and brit like this.
  16. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

2019-09-07, Saturday

Notwithstanding yesterday shave had been close, I proceeded with tests: even if the SOC Permasharp (Green) performed perfectly, I still opt fot the other green.

Razor has been delicate yet efficient, shaving where necessary and sliding over beardless areas.

[​IMG]

Sapone PS: Valobra Glicerolanolina
    Sapone: Catie’s Bubbles, Rosée du Matin
    Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, The Fridge, Tigrano/Finest 24
    Rasoio: Maggard, MR3
    Lametta: Gillette, Seven O’Clock, Permasharp Stainless (Verdi)
    AS: Punti di Vista, Vifrex
    EdT: Vicious, Ira
    ST: Chet Baker

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  17. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

SOTD Saturday
    As Hurricane Dorian heads our way like a runaway train I managed to get in a nice shave in the calm before the storm. Hope and pray that everyone gets through the hurricane safely.
    20190904_051127_resized.jpg

18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Sorry, no pics today, again. I really need to do something about that.
    • Rockwell 6S (R6, R5, and R4)
    • Dorco Prime (1)
    • Zenith B19
    • Modern Williams in a Marvy Mug
    • Fine Lather Bowl
    • VdH Bowl
    • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
    • Brut Antiperspirant/Deodorant (US Version)
    • Brut AS (US Version)
    • Brut Splash-On (US Version)
    • Brut EdT (EU Version)
    Super Creamy, slick, lather. Such a smooth slick shave. No nicks, no cuts, no issues. I can't get over how smooth my shaves are with Modern Williams. I'll reiterate what I have said before. If I could do it all over again I would just use Modern Williams.

19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. It was a great shave with a great lather.

clint64, brit, Boru62 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 09/7/19

Ming Shi 2000s (set on 5)
    Personna (11)
    Synthetic
    Col. Conk Amber
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Aqua Velva Musk A/S

Have A Great Day! DSCF4016.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.