Greetings from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by MrDaniel's, Sep 7, 2019.

1. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Hi, i'm Daniel and i'm 25 years old. I've been wetshaving on and off for several years, but now i decided to ditch the disposables completely and stick to de:s.
    Looking forward to learning more about the subject and chatting with some nice people around here!

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Hei ja tervetuloa ryhmään! :)

brit and MrDaniel's like this.
  3. MrDaniel's

Kiitos! Have you been studying finnish?

RyX, brit and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Orville

Orville Active Member

Addams-Family-Cousin-Itt-addams-family-5684028-356-288.jpg Welcome Daniel, glad you made it to TSD !

RyX, brit and MrDaniel's like this.
  5. MrDaniel's

Lol! I have been compared to cousin itt, because i have long hair and i have done that with sunglasses.

BamaT, wristwatchb, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  6. Orville

Orville Active Member

Don't let the barbers and stylists trick you into that hair cut conspiracy Daniel. No matter how good they are you'll just need another hair cut in about 2 weeks....... it's a hustle :happy096::happy102:

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi Daniel...welcome to TSD :). I'm afraid I still use disposeABLES, but I enjoy being here, as it's turned me into a wetshaver(for the most part, that is), which I quite enjoy. I hope you'll enjoy being here, too.

8. MrDaniel's

Well my hair isn't quite that long, but it isn't going anywhere. Unless i start balding. But then i can have long hair and be bald at the same time! Last time i was at a barbershop i was maybe 8 years old i guess.

BamaT, RyX and brit like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Not really but I learned a little from some friends of mine. When I was in business I used to travel quite often to Helsinki on business. :)

BamaT, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. MrDaniel's

Thanks! And use whatever works for you! This seems to be a nice site, i've been lurking here for a while.

11. MrDaniel's

I'ts a hard language to learn for sure. Helsinki is a nice place, i live in Espoo which is right next to it.

12. Orville

Orville Active Member

I still go occasionally and have them take off as little as possible and get my eyebrows trimmed up so I don't end up with "crazy uncle" eyebrow syndrome......

Things start growing crazy after you pass 50 or so.
    [​IMG]

DaltonGang, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  13. MrDaniel's

Yeah maybe it's better to trim them slightly at that point. Or just keep 'em, would work well as a conversation starter.. ;)

RyX and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome from canada..

Yehuda D and MrDaniel's like this.
  15. MrDaniel's

Thank you!

brit likes this.
  16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Time may be running out on me, but that's an area of the world I'd like to see.

brit, Yehuda D and MrDaniel's like this.
  18. MrDaniel's

Hope you get a chance to visit Finland. Lots of interesting architecture in Helsinki.

brit, Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD Daniel @MrDaniel's. Only 18th post in your thread and I see Topic Drift has already set in! This is your own personal conversation so feel free to ask questions.

I've got a couple for you. DE razors? Do you have any favorites yet? Any that you'd like to try? What about soaps, brushes, or post shave products? Those cartridge razors you have been using are still OK to talk about. We do have a number of users & a forum to discuss them. No electric shavers here. Well might be some but they keep it quite.

20. MrDaniel's

Hmm, I have several DE:s, but Feather Popular and Weishi are my favorites, for now.. Today i shaved with a Gillette Slim Twist (no idea how old it is, no patent numbers or date codes), that seemed pretty good as well. Vintage Gillettes, like the Super Speeds would be interesting to try. I have several different "flavours" of haslinger soaps, and i own a tub of proraso green too. I have only one brush, Razorock Big Bruce, which i quite like. Usually i use a balm of some sort, or splash followed up by moisturiser.
    Nothing really wrong about cartridges, i just get ingrowns every time i use them. With electric i get even worse bumps, so i'm not going to try one of those ever again. I'd rather use a blowtorch, would be much more comfortable

brit, wristwatchb, RyX and 1 other person like this.