September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orientshave

orientshave Well-Known Member

Wow i thought this is a SOTD topic but now is a great time for me to fix a 30 day equipment. i don't own a Se or Stirling but i will stick to a green shave. Thanks for all warm messages. i am happy to be here.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not smaller than the 15, as I recall.

brit, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The bike ride was a fun one. I ended up finishing a bit faster than I expected. 5 days to cover 351 miles (562 km). My biggest day was 92 miles. Great time, but compressed a nerve in my right hand and will probably have numbness for a while as it heals. Here's a pic of a bridge I had to cross. Not crazy about heights, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Only shaved once during the trip with a stick of arko, clog pruf and gem ptfe blade.

Enjoy your day.

aqueductrz.jpg

AlDm, Edison Carter, brit and 15 others like this.
  4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thank you Gentlemen!

brit, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Beautiful scenery, Dale!
    Wow, 92 miles in a day! I try to get out of driving that far.

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow! Excellent view Dale!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Blair, that's a shame about the scratch! However, I want to encourage you for trying to continue shaving with the Ralf Aust, but you finally decided to go back to a safety. I say look at this mishap as an educational tool. You know what you did that caused the scratch and you probably are not going to do it again! One more thing, you didn't need stitches so you are ahead of the game. Have a great day, my friend!

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sorry to disappoint Joe. I've enjoyed seeing a number of sports live and in person, but I don't follow any on TV. While living in Atlanta for twenty years I did attend a number of Braves baseball games. That was during their Worst to First seasons in the early 1990's. Saw Neon Deion Sanders play both baseball and for the Falcons. Now I'm back in my home town that's too small to support a farm team for any Pro franchises. If I was to attend a Super Bowl party, I'd be in the kitchen with Paul @Paul Turner, flirting with the Ladies.
    We do SOTD here, but this is Shave School! We call ourselves The 30 Day Crew. Any New Shaver that shows up on TSD gets invited to join us so that we might help them to get better shaves with their limited selection of gear. That's the big part of The 30 Day Rule/Focus game. Don't need lots of different razors - just learn to shave with the one you have. Feel free to hang out, post SOTD, and discuss any issues you have. The Collective Brain Hive Mind just might have suggestions to smooth out the problem. That's not just shaving either. We talk trucks, cars, & motorcycles, wrist watches, BBQ and cooking, family at home or on vacation, etc. We are an international gathering with active participants mostly in The US, but also Canada, Great Britain, South Korea.

9. Paul Turner

Here are my comments to @RyX post:

No

Oh you mean I might still land the Bill Neumann but perhaps not as soon as I was thinking to?

Smartypants

10. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

20190909_123547[1].jpg

Been thinking of trying to shave daily for the course of this week. I've tried once a while back, but gave up after a few days because of irritation. Now that my techniques improved I'm going to give it another shot! It also can help me get though my soaps quicker :D
    The goal is to achieve an irritation free DFS, no baby for me.
    Haven't used B&M in a while, great performance. Achieved a two pass DFS with no irritation. Hopefully, I can keep it up for the rest of the week!

AlDm, brit, Norcalnewb and 14 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

That's my favorite of the Barrister group.

brit, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  12. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Joe! Have no plans to stop shaving with any of my straights or Kamis due to user error and a small mishap. I misjudged the shaving swath and where the tip would end up while looking at the back half of the blade (which was where I was shaving, instead of mid blade where that issue never surfaces). I finished the last part of the first pass continuing on with the Ralf Aust, much to wifey's dismay. That's why I switched to my Blackland Dart for the second pass. There was lot's a crimson from such a seemingly small scratch. If wifey wouldn't have been present....I would've finished with the RA.

FWIW, I left the RA out for tomorrow's shave:eatdrink013:.

About the only thing that'll stop me from straights and Kamis....is doctor's orders.

Cheers! :eatdrink047:

13. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

It's great stuff. My all time favorite is Roam.

brit, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I'll have to research Roam.

brit, PLAla, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  15. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's been discontinued for quite some time now. I'm fortunate enough to still have my set, which reminds me that I need to use it more.

16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I absolutely understand. Scratches, cuts, nicks and weepers is a given no matter what tool we use. As you know, shaving with a straight will surprisingly bite you when your focus gets lowered. Personally, I have nicked myself because I took my eyes off for a split second and the oops man appeared. Anyway, glad that your scratch isn't too bad.

RyX, Edison Carter, brit and 8 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Hahahaha . 9 is a good number.

RyX, Edison Carter, brit and 7 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thats awesome Blair. Scratch will heal .

RyX, brit, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

9/9/19 ....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RyX, Edison Carter, brit and 7 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

These ladies would be the ones saying, "Now let's see....who are the teams and how do you play this game?????"

RyX, brit, PLAla and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.