The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Besides the 'Glorious Stank' factor, one of the main draws for me is that Stirling Splashes also contain witch hazel.

I've used some of the straight-up 'cented' witch hazels too. Quite nice!

Good to see you dropping by. Be well my friend.

Bill

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

0A6EBFC4-D38F-4D15-B6D5-9E424AAB4715.jpeg My Thursday morning Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Shark day 5
    Stirling Glacial Black Cherry SS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented ASB
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash
    Aramis EdT

My face is frozen stiff after this ungodly menthol assault (in a good way!) but I enjoyed every minute of it. The mentholated pre-shave soap from Stirling started the ball rolling with its invigorating cooling sensation, it leaves your skin spotlessly clean, it softens up your stubble, and its slickness turns your face into a skating rink. The Glacial Black Cherry soap has such a delightful scent, the lather is so rich as well as easy to work up, and the freeze hits you like ten tons of frigid bricks. The Glacial Unscented balm doesn’t lack menthol either - not only is it as cold as ice, it has such wonderful moisturizing and soothing. The Alcolado Glacial splash froze the daylights out of me. This shave was a three pass BBS work of art!

3. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I need to be more clear in my videos lol! I use Sebum's Gold Serum these days. I know it seems pricey but honestly my face has never been better.

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Thanks buddy, appreciate it. I was thinking about going the Witch Hazel route with Sebum's to see how that goes. I do miss the stink factor at times and the menthol, but my skin has gotten so much better since going all in on Sebum

5. Gnomeo0228

BEAUTIFUL my brother!

ezlovan, Edison Carter, brit and 4 others like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks so much my brother!

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice math. :)

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

My order arrived!
    The Ramblin Man sample will go in my sample mug in another few days when Satsuma runs out. They smell very similar right now, but it’ll take using it for a real evaluation.

My freebie was a bath sample of Hipster, which I’ll try tonight, and see what I think of the fragrance. It’s a hard to place scent, but a long shower will give me time to sniff and ponder. :)

Then there are the three full tubs of awesomeness!

Bay Rum: it smells great in the tub, and will no doubt be twice as great once lathered.

Pumpkin Spice: smells VERY much like a warm pumpkin pie, and that’s again from the tub. Warm water and a brush should bring an incredible fall shaving experience. The matching AS should extend the experience by a few hours.

Haverford: WOW I LOVE this scent!!!!!
    I’ve sniffed that tub so much my nose needs a break! I’m glad its a full tub, and that I gambled on the matching AS. I’m buying backups for both in my next order. It’s definitely a forever scent for me!

Lastly I bought another bottle of Executive Man and my first bottle of Gentleman. Gentlemen could very well become an everyday scent if/once I develop a true appreciation for it. There is so much love for it that I know I just need more time to warm up to it. In the meantime I can’t quit sniffing Haverford! :D

9. brit

brit in a box

sandpiper soap and splash ordered and on it's way..

10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stirling Single Edge Shavette September..... Blue version

Stirling Blu was at bat with the 'decked out in blue' Jayaruh 367 (yup, the stub end of my brush got to be a Louisville Slugger). The Blue Ming would never miss out on his namesake shave. No harm, no foul.

My first use of the Focus R28 Slim Al, decked out in blue. The ingenious blade holding mechanism is the forerunner for the design of the Focus Dynamic razor. Inside I used my shavette fav,
    the Gillette Silver Blue.

The machined angle serves to provide the optimum blade angle as well as a slight skin stretching action. I loved the R21 Evolution shavette and how you can get to a lower angle, but I must admit that, so far, I find this tool to be a bit more efficient. The slight drawback is because a steeper angle is required it is easier to get a blade binkie. Not a problemo if you got your game on.

This is a tool manufactured for professional barbers and no doubt used for countless shaves. One barber commenting on his love for the durability and loading design has done thousands of professional shaves himself.

A 'light' splash of the matching aftershave was unable to draw the same comment from a coworker that the happy splashing did once upon a time. Something about smelling like a female service employee from the French brothel. Hah! Good thing I said that one 'after' getting a CT nailed on.

[​IMG]

Really a great shaving device.
    The very low weight took some getting used to, but not a deal breaker for me.
    One does need a little more attention than with a thinner tool that works at lower angles.

Be well!

Frijolero, brit, Gnomeo0228 and 8 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Frijolero, brit, Gnomeo0228 and 6 others like this.
  12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

SEptember 13th
    Razor: Blackland Vector
    Blade: Feather Super (4)
    Brush: PAA Switchback/Omega boar
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Piacenza
    Stirling Orange Chill witch hazel
    Stirling mentholated post shave balm
    AS: Stirling Piacenza

Stirling SEptember

Good morning!
    [​IMG]

13. Paul Turner

Enjoy them :). I do.

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I agree with what Perry doesn't think. :)

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  15. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I agree with Paul with what Perry doesn't think:):)

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I finally got fed up waiting for Top of the Chain to get Varen samples and ordered it in full size... as a fougere man I think it should be a safe purchase. I need to eventually find a replacement for TSM Fougere as my top dog aftershave since it's discontinued now (though I just bought 4 3 more bottles of it :innocent)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD Stirling September 13th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Timeless Bronze OC
    Gillette Super Thin Blade
    [​IMG]
    WWB Green Pearl (26mm Maggard SHD Fan, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Sharp Dressed Man soap and AS

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

18. Paul Turner

I think Kerry (forgot his screenname)goes right to the company website to make orders. I try to do that too, now. (emphasis on TRY).

19. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I don't think they will ship alcohol to Canada

20. Paul Turner

Right, I've seen that. It's all about the shipping regs.