September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Jim!

Linuxguile, brit, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Well 217 posts since this morning...
    Some nice shaving going on here guys.
    I got a great shave this morning, lasted for hours and hours.
    Gonna get some rest tonight.
    tp

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Gorgeous, Mark!

Linuxguile, brit, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Terry!

5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Virtually I’ll of us have done the 30 day “rule”, and most of us have done many 30 day “focuses” as well. Now most of us hang around to make sure @wristwatchb takes his pills.
    9BB6D47B-F02A-4112-ACF9-B27891F8C383.jpeg

Umm, yeah. Only if, by “cookies”, you mean imaginary Cartel cookies “as seen on TV”, and by “TV” you mean propaganda leaflets.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right, that's the one. I see they don't sell Clubman either, but I can get my Clubmen either at the CVS or Clubmanonline.com itself.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo Amigo.

Linuxguile, brit, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My box is all blue. I'm a Senior Citizen now-we get it for free at the Center.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Terry.

10. Boojum1

Thanks amigo!:happy088:

11. Boojum1

Thanks Perry!

12. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Oh yeah!

Terry, Linuxguile, brit and 6 others like this.
  13. Hembree

Thanks Terry. ....get some rest!

Linuxguile, Terry, brit and 6 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you, Terry. Sleep well, my friend. :)

Linuxguile, PLAla, Terry and 6 others like this.
  15. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Good evening, fellas!! I hope everyone is doing well. I miss “hanging out” with you all.

Anywho...For the shave this morning, I hadn’t planned anything out (per normal). But, as I was loading the brush, it dawned on me that I was subconsciously doing a tribute shave to Jared @PickledNorthern.
    He is the one who turned me onto Stirling Electric Sheep. The brush was also PIFfed from him when he sent a box of soap samples. And the Supply is a razor that he sent to Perry @PLAla , then had Perry send it my way for a test drive. So, Jared....wherever you are, I hope you’re well. This shave’s for you.

[​IMG]

We’re almost to the weekend, gents! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:cool:

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  17. Hembree

Very nice shave!

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sure, the high tension discussions illustrate the passion with which some members defend their ideas. Given some prodding even middle of the road Centrists have passion about something. Just have to find their button and push it. If you think the Blooming subject was new, 487 days ago I started a thread to pull the arguments away from the 30 Day thread. It's a hydra that grows two heads when... well you understand.

Thanks Terry! Sometimes there's just no catching up. No harm in jumping in at the end. We'll keep the lights on!
    Thank you Joe and Clint!
    Thanks!
    Does Frankensoap threaten your membership across the street? It's not molesting the soap to me if it's scraps. I think Fuzzy doesn't mind as long as no Williams was harmed.
    Thank you Danny! I'll give it the same respect as the Graydog handle; it's in my shave den until I give it to someone else?
    Thanks Jim! Me, too. Funny that they were redesigned for '13 but folks seek the originals. A '11 is on my list, along with a Monobult and a Schick F.
    Thanks Andrew! I've got a couple items in my Maggard cart right now. The MWF, Tabac AS, and a 24mm SHD 2 band are edging a hundred bucks. Have to go look at that R41, too! I'm guessing all made since 2013 are the same as '13's, not '11's?
    Thanks Randy. I needed that. 18 razors, 17-1/2 brushes, 30 soaps & creams, & 21 AS (+4 EDT or cologne). I feel better! I've limited myself to 6 dedicated shave towels, only have two lather bowls, and have never purchased a 100 pack of DE blades. That last pass of The Traveling Box helped to off load unused gear. There's another Round (3rd this year!) in sign up mode now, and Newbies are being allowed in. If they schedule it right with Vet / Newb / Vet etc. the Box won't explode. Newbs can get some great gear, and Vets can PIF away to keep the volume up.

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Terry!

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

You should have seen the response when I requested ice cream Randy.

Great shave Bruce. Glad to see you!
    As far as I know I am still in good standing over there . No bricks thrown through my window yet. Fuzzy knows I'd never molest the Williams. Ever.

Terry, Hembree, Linuxguile and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.