How's Your Day? September 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Aug 30, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hi little penguins. I hope you are off to a good school year. Today was my first day of class too; I went to my chair yoga class this morning. I have taken the class with this instructor before and like her very much.

3. richgem

@Yehuda D

Just don't look up, Jeff. That's all I'm saying.

[​IMG]

4. richgem

5. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Awesome.:bounce015:

That's how it feels at my house.
    Liam (The Squirrel) is always on 100%.

Frijolero, brit and richgem like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My sewing class began today. I sewed what was supposed to be a storage bag for the folding chair I use at the archery field. But I messed up the measurements and it came out a bit too small. The good news is that I had plenty of fabric left. So I am using the first one to store some sewing supplies I will use in class.

Then, at home, I was able to sew a new one, the right size.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Got some much needed laundry done. A maintenance company has been working to improve the bldgs. heating and hot water for the winter. I guess it's never too early for that, but we'll still have some Indian Summer days before the cold creeps in.

Frijolero, brit and Sara-s like this.
  8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I had my usual day.
    Woke up, took the dogs out. Brought them in and fed them. Played with the dogs. We play football. One goes out for a pass while one defends, the third dog cheers (loudly). The receiver will leap into the air to catch the thrown object while the other tries to either keep her from catching it or taking from her once caught. Imagine, humans are paid tens of millions of dollars to do this, dogs do it for joy.

Exhausted, I took a nap with the dogs. Woke up, took them out...

Frijolero and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

DesertTime likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today I went to my Bonsai club meeting. We each showed some of our trees for discussion and constructive suggestions. One of the members is a dad, who brought his young daughter with him (I guess she’s about 7). In addition to a nice juniper, he brought the little model bonsai he made for her, out of play-doh. It’s just too cute.
    BD3A85B9-5B50-428D-A917-8BAE4DC9F052.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

we had a months worth of rain this weekend so a leisurely hangout here at the den was my primary accomplishment..:)

12. richgem

Posting this for a friend... :innocent

[​IMG]

macaronus, brit and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hey! You found my ad.

brit and richgem like this.
  14. richgem

Thanks for clearing that up, Sara. I'm sure you can understand my confusion when I thought it was for Mike. (@macaronus )

Speaking of... Waar is 'ie? (where is he?)

macaronus, brit and Sara-s like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Stressful day today. I had an appointment with Pain management this morning. My options for managing my knee pain have been complicated by my insurance carrier cutting off coverage for the option that works best. (As a retired teacher I am not sure I have a better one, though I plan to call my union to inquire.). It wasn’t helped by a physician assistant who didn’t seem to understand me.

Later I get to go to the ophthalmologist for the testing I need to determine the right lens for my cataract surgery. I really want to get out my bow and shoot something.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

I am sure you can think of a few targets..;)

Sara-s likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We actually did get to go for a shoot last night. We both unwound a great deal. (And we even hit our targets and avoided the "wall of shame")

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Went to a meeting about town government stuff(at the Senior Center). Then got a niice haircut from a "barberette".

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Great day today. In the morning, I got some sewing done. Later, I was able to chat with one of my Afghan students. In the afternoon, the weather was delightful, so I went out for a shoot in the park.

20. richgem

Made 3 doz. beef-chorizo meatballs today. I was feeling a bit experimental and bored, so I cooked. Lol. Most of them will go into the freezer for now for later snacking or pasta.

brit likes this.