Gem Razor Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jgreenepa, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I'm in the process of dialing in a 1912 brass 30's era Gem razor, but was interested in learning more about the Eveready Streamline razor. Does anyone have any pix or could you provide me with a way of differentiating it from other Gem Razors, so I will be able to recognize one. This is in preparation for my trip to the Shave Collectibles Meeting on Oct. 19, 2019 in West Chester, Ohio. Thanks in advance for any guidance and help you can provide.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Where can one find More information on the Meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

cliffb599 likes this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I just did a recent Gem write up on the different GEM models, the Everready streamline(GEM Jewel Streamline same razor) is a beautiful masculine looking razor but you had better practice up on the 1912 until hand technique is good. This razor will bite if your off a little that day with your technique. I write in more detail the strengths and weakness of the razor with photos post #151.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/gem-razor-models.60719/page-9
    Have some great shaves!

jgreenepa and Terry like this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Oh my....
    I'm missing one.
    Oh my.
    tp

6. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Jeff, You may want to head on over across the street. LOTS of good info there.
    www.theoriginalsafety2.com.
    There is also an archived site that is read only. It will be a great help. If you want to become a member, let me know and I'll happily vouch for you.

jgreenepa likes this.