DE Razor Wall Mount Rack

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by MrEE, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

This is a working prototype. The final version with have chamfered edges and be made of nicer wood. I love the magnet for storing blades. I'll be doing something similar for my brushes, eventually.

20190915_145902_resized.jpg
    When I shave with a razor I move it to the left in the rack.

2. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

MrEE likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice razor rack. When you move the razor to the left, do you have to move every razor one notch to the right?

burnout961 and brit like this.
  4. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I just trade the two. It's not a perfect system.

Primotenore and brit like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I like it. Instead of swapping razors around, you could just have a marker of some sort that would indicate your next shaver.
    Again, I like it.

brit likes this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

You guys make things too complicated.

He just has one too many razors.

I volunteer my services to lower the count by one.

In the event we are dealing with OCRSSR (that's.. obsessive compulsive razor shelf selection requirements) that would disallow an empty slot, I side with Jim @Jayaruh

Then again...... what if the shaver lineup conflicts with theme shave obligations? Hmmm

@MrEE you may have to get more racks!

:cool:

Nice work!

Primotenore, brit and MrEE like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :p

8. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Nice! Maybe one day if I end up with more razors, I might need something similar.

A suggestion, if I may? What would it take to include a "sharps" box, say on one end. Encased in the same wood as the rack itself with a drop down door and a slot in the top. Spent blades would be dropped in the slot, falling into a receptacle inside which could be periodically emptied, or disposed of. The whole thing could be balanced out by putting another box on the other end for "new" blade storage constructed the same way. Just a thought!

AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

My first thought as well! :smiley respect:

Edison Carter likes this.
  10. ftrez

ftrez Member

Great set up! I have my razors on a counter stand and am having a second one made as we speak so I can fit all of the razors and leave some room for future growth.

I organize them oldest (a 1920s Gillette open comb ball handle) to modern (Game Changer .84) so I have to move them only when new ones come in. I'll post a pic when the second stand comes in.

I love the magnet idea and am trying to figure out the best way to incorporate it into my set up. I'm thinking maybe a magnetic strip on the wall.

MrEE likes this.