Razors you own but have never shaved with

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MrEE, Sep 20, 2019.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

20190919_222343-1024x1065.jpg
    I can't be the only one. What razors do you own that you have never shaved with? If you have shaved with a duplicate that doesn't count.

From top left:
    1. Gillette NEW LC
    2. EJ DE89
    3. Gillette OLD Ball Handle
    4. Schick Krona
    5. Gillette Tech with Ball End Handle
    6. Gillette Milady.

Plan to shave with all of them soon.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. MrEE

I forgot my Enn Werke Travel Razor

20190919_223919-1024x884.jpg

wristwatchb, RyX and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

globusmann 3 piece de
    autostrop vc 4
    simplex de
    british ever ready 1912
    one day..

wristwatchb, RyX and MrEE like this.
  4. MrEE

I admit, I'll have to look most of those up.

RyX and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

thats ok sir, i did as well.:)

6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Durham
    Schick type B
    Schick type K3
    Rolls
    Curvefit
    Autostrop
    Stahly
    Shermack
    Gillette Milady
    Christy
    J B Rhodes

wristwatchb, jtspartan, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

If I spend the $, it gets used. Those are nice razors, BTW. I am a big Krona fan.

brit and RyX like this.
  8. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

You folks amaze me, in a good way, with the number of razors, soaps, AS, etc. that you have. This coming from a fellow that has heretofore been the person who has one razor, soap/canned stuff, and maybe AS with that being what I was using. Know, I'm not saying this as an indictment, just amazed at it. Now, I must say, I'm on the lookout online, antique mall, and auctions for razors, etc. See!! You're contagious!

:signs136:

wristwatchb, brit, CarlfromMO and 2 others like this.
  9. MrEE

Wow, that's awesome. I admit, I want to shave with those just to say I have. We need pictures.

brit and RyX like this.
  10. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Only 1, a Keen Kutter. It came in a lot and I've never been motivated enough to find/fabricate a blade for it.
    keenkutter.png

11. MrEE

Perhaps we add another thread for razors we only shaved with once because if I bought it, I am going to use it...

brit and RyX like this.
  12. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Try one for soaps we have bought but never used.....

...actually, maybe not, i doubt TSD would have the bandwidth to cope!

brit, MrEE and RyX like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Commonly referred to as "Enablers", the folks who entice you to purchase another item, and another..

I've got several straight razors I've never shave with. I started my Shave Journey when I purchased a Razor Shaped Object (RSO). I knew I didn't know how to hone so I brought it to a custom knife maker for service. He told me it had bad geometry but would make a fine letter opener. That's when I started googling and discovered Shave Forums. Still have that RSO, haven't begun a rock collection, though I've purchased a couple shave ready SR. I found shavettes better suit my style with easily replaceable blades. Then I found vintage Gillettes and Schicks - those I don't buy unless I'm going to use.

brit and MrEE like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Approaching 200.razors and the only one I haven't shaved with would be a Christy which I can't get a blade to work in. I'm shocked at some of the razors y'all are sitting on. Won't mention any names. Tsk tsk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN, brit and John Beeman like this.
  15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

The only razor I have that I haven't used is some cheap $h!+ Pakistani straight razor. It was a gift from someone who knew I used str8s but had no idea what quality looks like. It's crap. I'd likely scar myself if I tried.

brit likes this.
  16. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Not me. I've shaved with every razor I've bought. I have 32 razors. There are a few duplicates in there. But I have shaved with each and every one, except the last razor I bought as a backup for another one I already had, which was a Gillette New Deluxe. But I'll shave with it soon enough. Otherwise, what's the point?

wristwatchb, brit and jmudrick like this.
  17. MrEE

Each of mine has a story. The Krona was my grandfather's. My grandmother gave it to me this year when she found out I was into DE shaving. The DE89 was purchased with intent to use I just haven't made it that far yet. The others were purchased as practice pieces for my replating side hobby but are unique enough to stay in my collection. I plan to use all of them soon.

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have a few damaged razors were the blade stops were damaged and are to dangerous to shave with when I bought razor lots. I have repaired a few and used them.
    Almost forgot I have a Gillette Techmatic but needs new spool.
    I have well over 40 razors and used them all and have a big razor rotation now.
    Razor storage cabinets (3).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    brit likes this.
  19. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

"WOW"
    After reading some of these posts about numbers of razors, etc., I don't feel so bad about my conglomeration of "things." Just not any razors, right now.

20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I try to shave with all of my razors. At the beginning of the year I started a quest to shave with Every Darn razor I own. I finished on August 23rd with a total of 109 razors. I've since added 3 more to the collection.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Tommynick, brit, PanChango and 3 others like this.