September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I would sooo drive that! Back when building cars was fun instead of the painful upkeep these days, a Pinto was often considered. Squeeze in a 289/302 with a 4 speed manual? It'd eat Honda, Toyota, or most any modern front wheel drive rides.
    Laa Laaa Laaa! I'm not listening!! Cabinet's full.

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Blair!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Jim.

brit, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks so much Andrew.

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

September; Old School Diversion

Tabac Original shave soap
    B-400 by @twhite, WD/HM badger
    Suribachi bowl and cool water
    Gillette 1920 Single Ring
    Gillette Silver Blue blade
    Tabac Original aftershave
    SOTD 09202019 1st use Tabac AS.gif New aftershave. I like it.

brit, Terry, MrDaniel's and 15 others like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Jim.

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Very nice Rick!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice!

9. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Missed this post. Oops. Great gear, excellent report, and another fabulous image! Fall colors already. We’ve only had a couple day out of summer temps here in N TX.

brit, Norcalnewb, jluc and 5 others like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Way to go Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

No need to be jealous! Blackland will be rereleasing the Vector in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  12. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

But today isn’t one of them. Forecasters sssooo got it wrong for today’s weather.

Attached Files:

brit, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Yeah. I’m just patiently waiting on my tracking number. Ordered the day he sent the announcement with the discount! :cool:

14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

That. Is. So. Cool. Single Ring about the only DE left I’d like to have. Great vintage shave and gear Rick.

brit, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Andrew & JIm!

brit, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  16. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

POTD.

brit, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Joe, your comments about Cremo prompted me to check out the products in the shaving aisle today. I have used the Neutrogena brush less shave cream in my travel kit, and it performs adequately. I've also used the Nivea post-shave balm, and it's pretty good too. It nice to know you can grab some decent products locally. When you're traveling and need a quick/proper shave, a Trac II and brushless shave cream will most certainly do the job. It works for your carry-on bag too.

Out of curiosity, I took whiffs of some of the classic aftershaves. Some guys here use Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Brut, but I could not associate a scent with the brands. Once I completed the sniff tests, I realized they were indeed very familiar. I've used Stetson cologne in the past, and it was my favorite aftershave of the three. I didn't crack open an Old Spice bottle. I've used this in the past as well. I like the looks of the bottle better than the actual scent. It's a bit too spicy for me. Lastly, I always keep a container of the Afta electric pre-shave on hand. It has a decent "modern" scent, and it's a must have to avoid razor burn when I use my electric razor.

It was a fun way to spend a few minutes and stay out of trouble while my Bride searched for Euro Pillows. I learned a long time ago that it would not be a good idea for this old Kentucky boy to tag along with her and eventually question why we need Euro Pillows. Of course we need them!!!! At least she's not dragging me to Bead Shows like @clint64. I got the look when she saw I wasn't with her, and she had to search for me, and then I told her about my aftershave experiment. Best I can tell, she ain't an Aqua Velva girl. What do you expect from someone who uses Euro Pillows? ;)

Oh yeah, it looks like they got a load of Barbasol in just before the weekend. :)
    1.jpg

brit, Terry, MrDaniel's and 10 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I like it, Terry! And my style continues to evolve. That's just the way it is with us Renaissance Men. Being a trend setter is not for the faint of heart.
    1.jpg

19. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Does the missus like it though? :sick007:

brit, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Clint! I think you contributed to this shave. Didn't you send me that Whipped Dog High Mountain knot?
    Thank you Blair! I lucked up on that Single Ring at one of my local antique stores. Actually got three of them that day from the same shop owner- an '06, that '20, & a '21. When you are out visiting your shops, check and see if they keep a "wish list" that stall renters might view. When you visit those shops, don't be shy about asking for shaving related stuff. I'm that razor guy to the owners or employees at every shop I visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.