September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Patrick. I brought an empty backpack for her haul. By the time we finish it’ll feel like I’m humping a ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wristwatchb, brit, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug. Both girls are doing ok. Maya will come home for a long weekend soon. Asha will not be able to visit until Christmas.

I hope you have a great time with the grandkids.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you a Jim. I ordered the Tatara Nodachi.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Gorgeous photo Jim. I just can not get over how good the bowl looks.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful shave Joe.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looking good Terry. Love the bay rum.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Blair.

9. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Sept 21st (no image day)

Proraso PS Red
    ToBS Sandalwood SC
    Jason 30DC LE v2 w/Omega 10098 knot
    ABCo 6/8 Straight
    ToBS Sandalwood AS Gel
    ToBS Sandalwood Cologne

3 pass DFS+. Jason's 2019 30DC handle with the Omega 10098 board knot worked up an incredibly full, aromatic and slick lather this morning. Powdery sweet, sandalwood aroma.....not many fragrances beat it in my world. The ABCo straight was also a treat to use....Japanese 6/8 western wedge grind, 100% shaving business, not much audible feedback. No nicks or weepers. Follow with the matching ToBS ASB and Cologne.

Going to fire up the BGE. A rare weekend off for this time of year. Here's what's cooking, meat will be Brats.

Bacon Wrapped Sausage/Hot Links

Hope everyone has a Sensational Saturday!

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Clint!
    My wife was standing next to me this morning restocking our vitamins while I was cleaning up the bowl after my shave. Nothing. She may never notice.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave, Blair!
    The sausages look fantastic! Have a good cook!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Fun to watch those Stoogers(as I used to call them). Poor Moe gets his teeth brushed by Larry, who ,meant to brush his own!! And how about dem sound effects? lol

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Awesome. Jon. Take a pinch between your fingers, rub it between your hands until it melts, and massage it into your skin. You won't need much. If you over apply, just use a napkin to blot off the excess. Try it for a few days, and let me know what you think.

14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD September 21, 2019
    A Stirling SEptember

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM G-Bar
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Soap: Stirling Green

Nice shave this morning. I went ahead and got up and shaved instead of piddling around like a normal Saturday. Have to attend a funeral this afternoon as my great uncle passed away on Thursday. He was 97 and ran the good race. I did not know him well but his older brother was my maternal grandfather to whom I was very close. My grandfather passed away in 2008 at the age of 93. They must have some good genes!

Nice shave with the G-Bar and some incredible lather from Stirling Green. Everything came together quite well.

I plan to watch football today with cold adult beverages outside of the funeral. It's been a hard-driving couple of weeks at work and I need some slow time.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 9-21-19.jpg

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Yes, Patrick. It was a clear sealer. I remember the name was Duck's Back. It went on easy and ended the chimney leaks. Good luck!

brit, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    SEptember
    [​IMG]
    ???~~Simpson Milk Churn~~Feather AC~~Feather Super Professional~~Ogallala Special Reserve
    I am using a new soap today. It arrived yesterday, and to be perfectly honest, when I opened the container, I was non-plussed with the scent. Indeed, I didn't care for the scent at all. Disclaimer: the package sat in the direct sun for probably 3-4 hours. Rather than bin it immediately, I chose to leave the lid off over night and see what it was in the morning. Much to my pleasant surprise, the offensive scent had completely disappeared. All that remained of this "unscented" soap, was a smooth, rich scent, reminiscent of freshly-churned butter. Quite appealing, I must say.
    Taking my pre-soaked and lightly shaken out Milk Churn,
    I proceeded to load the non-bloomed puck and build the very wet lather directly on the puck.
    Here are the results:
    IMG_1123.jpeg
    Definitely sloppy, but that was my intention, especially when I shave with a straight, or a shavette.
    There was ample slickness and the Feather Super Professional, now in it's 7th shave, glided easily across my skin and deftly removed the 48 hour growth.
    The lather was protective and despite being extra-wet, did not dissipate during the first pass.
    I chose a two pass shave today, so I cleared the knot of the remaining soap and spread it over my face.
    It was nice and shiny and again, very slick.
    Post-shave was good+. After I cleaned up my gear, my skin was slightly taut, not really dry, but not quite as supple as I prefer.
    I intend on using this product for the next week and at the end, I will reveal the name and the manufacturer.

17. Paul Turner

My favorite team FINALLY opens its season...Harvard, flying west to play San Diego U. I hope Harvard has quality broadcasters for feetball this year, unlike one of the basketball broadcasters from last year, who couldn't broadcast his way out of the door if it was open for him.

brit, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave report Blair. Dinner sounds delicious

19. Paul Turner

Oh CHARRRR-LIEEE........I'm preparing for quality Clubman use next week(well, beginning Tuesday, when this heat wave is over).

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Very nice, Joseph! I look forward to the soap reveal. Ah, the suspense!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.