How do you make your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by BlueShaver, Oct 4, 2019.

?

How do you make your coffee?

1. Drip (Percolator)

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. French press (cafetiere )

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Capsule (Nespresso-ish)

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Espresso machine

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. AeroPress

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Moka Pot

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  7. I drink Instant

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  8. Coffee is for cowboys

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

I actually roast my coffee and use a French press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursa likes this.
  2. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

since I only make 1 cup at a time - and since I dropped my french press last december on the morning of my grandfather's funeral - I got an aeropress and never looked back. Hand ground beans of various local dark roasts.

DaltonGang likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I need to walk away (made the mistake of watching how some of these coffee styles worked) .... feeling cranky and opinionated.

Back to drinking plain old coarse ground simple coffee.

:eatdrink013:

kumachan likes this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I bounce around between V60.pour over, a Bialetti moka pot, and espresso, with but new old La Pavoni currently getting most use. Apollo hand grinder.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    BlueShaver likes this.
  5. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

I got a kuerig but I mostly drink espresso. I have an automatic Saeco that grinds the beans each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursa likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I vary the process most days. Work days, I'll either do a V60 pour-over or take a chilled glass of cold brew for the ride into the office. Days off, pour-over or drip via MoccaMaster (Technivorm).
    Every Friday @ 10 is Espresso time in the staff lounge. I'll drag in my portable Flair™ & Sette grinder and make double shots for those espresso aficionados. Makes for a productive afternoon!

Edison Carter, jmudrick and Enrico like this.
  7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I have used an espresso machine for the last 20 years. It makes the coffee quickly and takes less coffee than other methods. Sometimes I use a French press. It has the advantage that it works anywhere there is boiling water. That means it can be used in areas with no electricity, and also brews the coffee relatively quickly. I currently have a Bodum press, but the one from Black Rifle Coffee Company looks like it would be even more handy.

Edison Carter likes this.
  8. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

I am very pleasantly surprised at the taste quality a moka pot can produce. Mine is a non branded one I found at Publix. I recently used it on my vintage Peak One Coleman stove while camping. As long as you don't heat the handle by placing it directly in the middle of the heat source, there are not danger of burnt fingers. Steve Clark gave me some Café Bustelo expresso ground to try.

Edison Carter likes this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Coffee beans ground between two rocks. The grounds boiled with swamp water in an old rusty pot. Filter through an old rag, shirt, or sock into a beat up tin cup. I like it so black it looks like it was born at midnight, turns high noon into twilight. So strong and mean ya have to treat it like you would an ornery mule.

;)
    tp

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Ursa, MrDaniel's and Enrico like this.
  10. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Cowboy coffee huh?

hqdefault.jpg

steve207, Ursa, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  11. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks...
    Just as tough and hard as the best of them. Strong, black, hot, and good!

tp

Ursa and Enrico like this.
  12. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I put two options down. French Press and Moka Pot. However, I use the French Press far more than the Moka Pot. I also use a manual frother. Sort of like a french press but you plunge the thing up and down for about a minute with some skim milk and you have a nice froth. I'll pour it out of the stainless pitcher into a glass, heat it in the microwave and pour it back into the pitcher. That works for me. I also grind my beans using a Baratza Virtuoso. It works really nice for the larger grind needed for french press.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Terry and BlueShaver like this.
  13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I used to make mine in refillable K-pods in my Keurig, but the digital display went goofy. Now it's back to using a drip coffee maker, grinding beans.

Ursa, Terry and Enrico like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sound like my kind of coffee .... after living in the bush you realize rusty pots, beat up tin cups are the norm and filters are a luxury. I'm getting homesick just thinking about it. :D

I was watching a couple YouTube videos on how to make coffee while camping. Between measuring in grams, water and coffee, grinding with their frilly gadgets and squeezing coffee into a thimble size cup; I realized these hipsters knew nothing about roughing it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional espresso, but watching some people making coffee makes NASA look like the invading hordes using a trebuchet.

I suppose I'm a barbarian:susel:, but coffee only has two ingredients ....... water and coffee.

Carry on .... I'm all done belly aching.

Ursa, MrDaniel's and Terry like this.
  15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Barbarian coffee!
    I like it Keith!
    Well, I don't always make coffe exactly like that, I don't live near a swamp.
    ;)
    tp

Enrico likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Creeks and puddles work in a pinch. :happy097:

Ursa and Terry like this.
  17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Yes they do, kinda dry here, suppose to rain Monday.
    ;)

Love that brush!!
    tp

Enrico likes this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Didn't you intend to post this in the "I did something manly" thread?

Ursa and Terry like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Glad to hear!

Terry likes this.
  20. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I don't drink a great deal of coffee, tea is my poison; being the hopeless anglophile. I have a small jar of instant Folgers regular and decaf for guests and when the urge arises. I don't think it is too bad.

It's three bad!

Ursa likes this.