The Haul: October 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If it's like my C2, it should be a fine shaver.

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    My Engels Solingen Special 5/8th Arrived Today from the USA...NOS & Mint Factory Fresh..Now to get it on the Hones...Looks as if it was Made Just this Morning..:D

Billy..:chores016:

3. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Wow. Looks great!

RyX, brit and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Dudeeee I’ve been looking to get one of thoes Schicks nice haul brotha @BBS

RyX and brit like this.
  5. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

nice razor you don’t see many YouTubers with that razor!!!

Angelo85, RyX and brit like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I suspect it will be the same. I have a C1, C2 and both shave the same just feel different on the face because of the way the combs are designed.

brit, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If I decide to sell any of my type C repeaters I'll pm you first before I put them up on the BST.

brit and RyX like this.
  8. jimjo1031

Personally, I think it's one of the best razors for shaving off a few days worth of growth.

brit and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I try to do that, too. I'd rather purchase a product off someones shelf right here than order from a website. After trying a couple of products labeled "shave soap" I've sort of given up hope of finding the next big thing. I hope you get good service from your Long Rifle Soap Co. products!

brit likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Swapped some stuff with Jim @jluc. I thought he was going to send a sample of Stirling preshave soap. Nope, the whole bar arrived today! Along for the ride a number of DE blades I've been curious about, or already tried and like! Shh, don't let Neal @NCoxSTL know there's a few Sharp Star blades moving around and not under control of his Russian Blade Cartel! Now I'm off to read up on the B&M samples...
    from Jim @jluc.gif

Jorvaljr, TestDepth, PLAla and 12 others like this.
  11. jimjo1031

If you haven't tried them yet, those Bolzano blades are real nice.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Billy, that is an awesome looking razor! The scales look white in the picture.

Billyfergie, brit and RyX like this.
  13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Hot sauce!
    Thanks, Rick! I've already put a dent in the Slap Ya Mama![​IMG]

Jorvaljr, TestDepth, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

As always, the official Cartel message of handling Sharp Stars is to return them immediately to HQ here in STL (or to the Yakuza HQ once it's resettled in Alabama with @Bama Samurai ). These blades should not be allowed out in the wild as the shaves they produce are horrible, terrible, really seriously bad stuff (trust me, I just use them to try and get rid of the scourge on the shaving world). It is a concern when we see them being distributed as we are only concerned for the well-being and quality shaves of our dear members. Trust me on this. After all, I used to sell used cars.

AGHisBBS, jtspartan, brit and 4 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I got a tuck from @Terry back in June of this year. They are top shelf Jim!
    Gotcha Neal! Soon as I get them out of my razor I'll wrap em up and mail em your way! ;)

AGHisBBS, dmshaver, Mike-R41 and 6 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

1776 and Hunting Lodge are my two favorites from that group(just from the descriptions-have yet to make an order)

AGHisBBS, brit and RyX like this.
  17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Not as sharp as I like, but you'll get good sevice from them.
    tp

RyX and brit like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

'34 NEW Deluxe RFB Red & Black Gillette.gif
    Brought together a couple of components to make a set. If I have the title right it's a 1934 Gillette NEW Deluxe Raised Flat Bottom Open Comb Three Piece. Case from @Jrdelgado, Top & Bottom plate from The Traveling Box Round Two , and the handle rejoins the razor from @gorgo2. My incomplete records and vaguely recall details - I think the razor was refinished at Razorplate. The bright nickel finish looks new and will outlast me.

19. brit

brit in a box

looks awesome Rick ..its not a raised flat bottom though. they are an english new razor type..this is your razor only yours is replated in nickel..very cool. 1934 Red and Black DeLuxe.jpg 1934 Red and Black DeLuxe (1).jpg
    and this one is mine.. 20191007_190944.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    TestDepth, AGHisBBS, dmshaver and 7 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

'34 Red & Black DeLuxe. Thanks Gary! That'll save me some typing. I also recall there are several variation on the bar handles. This is the "fat" or common? The top threaded bit has a flat ring or shoulder where it meets the rest of the handle. Wasn't there a post detailing the differences and variations?

gorgo2 and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.