What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Is that a blade holder, or an acoustical device?

brit, AGHisBBS and 9nein9 like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

will do..its probably the same shave as the rocket hd or #58.but grippier knurling.i sold my rocket hd and bought the 58 to replace it..nice handle imo ,but my 58 is a bit of a beater..

RyX and 9nein9 like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

rocket hd with grippier knurling .for the french/euro market.. download (3).jpg 1957 Monobloc french set.jpg 1953 Rocket HD 1953 Patent Pending-beschriftet-Logo.jpg

Terry, jtspartan, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

RyX, Enrico, 9nein9 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mark at Simpson is making me a traditional ivory, manchurian knot Beehive. "The Hive"
    This is not the brush, nor my picture:

MmgLQcB.jpg

9nein9, jtspartan, Angelo85 and 7 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

Linuxguile, RyX and Primotenore like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I got the "bug" this week and ordered two aluminum plates for the Above the Tie stainless steel top cap that I had got in a lot of razor heads a while back. A H1 & H2 are on the way in. I will pair these with the my Weber Bulldog handle.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Enrico, jtspartan, cliffb599 and 6 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

very cool..the oc looks quite similar to the early brit new deluxe plate..

Hembree, Linuxguile and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

enabled.gif
    I got Enabled, hard. Had the D.E. in my cart more than once, and my Daughter likes the C.C., G.F. for free because free shipping.

bayercy, Enrico, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool.dirty english is great stuff..imo..

RyX, cliffb599, bayercy and 1 other person like this.
  11. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I am unlucky with Semogue's. But i cant stop myself buying them. I hope taj resin handle boar would be my new favourite.
    I tried Jeremyn street cream before and still using Sandalwood Soap in rotation. I think Cedarwood shaving cream will not dissapoint me. [​IMG][​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile, RyX and 6 others like this.
  12. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

A Stick Schick gearshift knob razor.

This may not be "cherry", but other than one spot on the back of the handle that looks like a "rub" it doesn't look to be in "bad shape." I'd never heard any recent discussion from you guys, but it struck me as an oddity and "oddities" catch my attention.

I have no solid clue if this was a good buy, or not, but I got it for what "feels" like a good enough price. Not familiar enough with when and when not to mention price, so I won't unless someone higher up the ladder says it's ok.

Your thoughts??

EDIT: Pictures are screen captures, so take that into consideration, please?

stick schick 1.PNG stick schick 2.PNG stick schick 3.PNG

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I really enjoy the shaves from from mine. I was fortunate to pick up mine from the 2019 Traveling Box Tour (round two). It's a keeper! :D

:eatdrink013:

14. brit

brit in a box

very nice..

bayercy likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I think I paid $12 for one in acceptable shape, no case.
    Could have been the one I added to The Traveling Box. With Schick's earlier tend to be more efficient / aggressive. That's a Type L-2 made between 1965-1980. There were at least three other handles available from that type. Lots of info -> HERE.

Enrico and brit like this.
  16. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Bought some Proraso red AS to go with the goo. And a bit rough looking tech. And 200 gillette wilkinson sword blades.

AGHisBBS, jluc, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  17. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I read somebody on this forum talking about these, then noticed that one had popped up on ebay. I then tried to find the discussion previously to send a PM to the person talking about them but couldn't find it. If this is you and that is thus, well done :)

RyX, brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  18. S Barnhardt

I "was" looking, but after I'd found this one. Didn't initially buy it, but went back later, so it "might" have been me!

BlueShaver, RyX and brit like this.
  19. S Barnhardt

I've got $9.95 plus shipping for a total of $17.80 in it.

Don't know necessarily that that's good, nor do I know it's bad! As folks sometimes say....It is what it is!

AGHisBBS, RyX and brit like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm a fan of antique shops and thrift stores. If you take into account I was on a 660 mile drive, between Macon Georgia and South West Louisiana somewhere in Alabama - my shipping cost approached $82.50. You did good!

AGHisBBS, S Barnhardt and brit like this.