Going to the UK

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by battle.munky, Oct 10, 2019.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'll have a day in London. Anyone have suggestions for a good stop or two? Was thinking of stopping into and getting some TOBS for sure. Aside from that, any suggestions?

Experienced opinions preferred but if you have never been and have a suggestion or so, I'm open to letting you live vicariously through me.

steve207, kjbarth, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i would say any of the shave shops around or near the tobs shop..:)

battle.munky likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

No experience but besides Taylor of Old Bond Street, I'd like to visit Truefitt & Hill, and D R Harris as well

brit likes this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Go here...

Taylor of Old Bond Street
    74 Jermyn Street, St James's
    London SWIY 6NP, England UK

brit likes this.
  5. battle.munky

TOBS is my one definite stop.

brit likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Boots! You should pick up a shave stick or 2. If they still sell them. Not real clear on that.

BlueShaver, brit and Enrico like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

8. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

YES!!!! This.

Great stuff.
    The shaving cream is ok too.

You can get a matching AS and balm to the stick. Its called Freshwood.

brit likes this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am a huge fan of Freshwood too. I have several sticks and a bowl of the soap. Did not know about the cream. Canned goo or real cream.

BlueShaver and brit like this.
  10. BlueShaver

Real shaving cream. Its menthol rather than the freshwood but is still jolly nice to use.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice. Nothing wrong with a little menthol!!

brit and BlueShaver like this.
  12. BlueShaver

Next time i am in Boots, i will pick some up and send it your way! :)

brit likes this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You are the MAN!

brit and BlueShaver like this.
  14. battle.munky

Thanks to everyone for their commentary! I managed to go to Piccadilly Shave Co., D.R. Harris (both the big store and the little), and TOBS. Immediately one notices how posh all these stores are and in fact the entire shopping district there is maybe the fanciest place I've ever been in my life. So much high end shave gear, wonderful smells, combs, brushes, and other accouterments!

I am sorta kicking myself for not buying anything. D.R. Harris had a 50% sale on SCs. I have a year or so worth of SC though so I opted not to. Having some from the source would've been nice though, just for the shave of it.

London in general was an EXCELLENT place to visit and specifically the shave shops and the tobacco shops. Incredible is the first word that came to mind. For you Londoners: you all have a damn nice place and it made me feel like we Americans have a ton to learn when it comes to civilization. I've been to several major cities here in America and have never seen a city so nice and clean not to mention being 5 times as old. I'd go back in a second and I'd move there if ever given the chance. Driving on the other side of the car and other side of the road was quite harrowing though but the adventure was worth the bizarre feeling.

Long live The Queen!

CrustyCat, Edison Carter and brit like this.