Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You're kidding, right?

NO COMPARISON!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

If you are looking for recommendations for a first SE...

I think you can't go wrong with a regular GEM or ER 1912...

If you prefer "mild" shavers, I'd still say a regular 1912, but the GEM Feather Weight is a tad milder and still is very efficient!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clint64 and BlueShaver like this.
  3. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Monday OCtober 28

I honed up one of my Henckels wedge blades over the weekend so I wanted to try it out on one my Henckels Rapide's for today's shave.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
    Soap - MWF (it's Monday)
    Brush - Alpha Titanium Outlaw Fanchurian
    Blade - Henckels wedge (1)
    Razor - Henckels Rapide
    Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Shave rating 4 of 5

I'm working on my honing skill and technique. I'm not good yet. I haven't shaved since Thursday, I honed the wedge on Friday and wanted a few days growth before I shaved with the wedge. Today I did a 2 pass shave. First pass WTG I felt some tugging so my honing job was not good enough. Aside from the tugging, the first pass results were ok. The second pass was XTG and was a surprisingly smooth shave and results were surprisingly good, DFS overall with some BBS areas on my cheeks down to my jawline. So my honing is getting better but is not quite good enough yet. The MWF provided a nice slick lather for my face. Aside from the tugging, I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was almost silent, just a couple small areas of noise. I finished off with the Clubman Whiskey Woods A/S.

Overall, an pretty good shave. I think it's time to break out a couple of my current OC razors for the rest of OCtober.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
    [​IMG]

- Ken

GAW9576, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 9 others like this.
  4. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Thank you!

brit and clint64 like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

1914/Gem PTFE. Adapter allowing use of the Tibam handle is a godsend.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GAW9576, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 10 others like this.
  6. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

brit and clint64 like this.
  7. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I envy that lather you have there. Do you attribute that to the Nivea cream primarly, or something else, or more?

clint64 and Ron R like this.
  8. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I'm all about a mild razor right now till I build up my skill. So, along those lines, may I ask what you mean by ER 1912? In searching on Ebay, I find a number of razors with "1912" as part of their name and an Eveready 1912. Is that Eveready what you mean by the ER 1912, by chance?

Bird Lives, clint64 and Jim99 like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Yes it is. The Ever Ready razor is often referred to as the ER for short.

S Barnhardt and clint64 like this.
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Those blades can be a challenge to hone. It’s easier to hone a straight razor than it is to hone a small wedge blade. Keep at it and don’t get discouraged!

S Barnhardt, clint64 and kjbarth like this.
  11. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Thank you

- Ken

S Barnhardt, clint64 and Jim99 like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I had some left over Italian barber Amici soap at the bottom of the bowl after 2 days and there was not much left so I always add the Nivea cream to make sure there is enough for the shave. So I get a special smelling soap dominated by Nivea cream that has a nice fragrance. The photo's make it look nice I have to admit and I have never problems with my soaps.
    Have some great shaves!

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 29, 2019
    Supply Co V2 with 2 dot plate
    Personna
    Heritage Shaving C-MON
    Savonniere du Moulin
    Fine Fresh Vetiver
    Guerlain Vetiver EdT

[​IMG]

Jim99, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Type L clone, Schick blade, shave 1
    slc1.jpg slc2.jpg

First off, the only thing this razor shares with a Schick Type L is the handle. The spring is not like anything Schick ever made. That spring also has some issues with how the blade loads, it allows the razor head to open up too much when you fully insert the key that the blade will not eject a blade and slide under or over the existing blade. That said if you only put the key in about 3 quarters of the way then it ejects the blade correctly.

Onto the shave, well it shaves nothing like a Type L and more like a G1 if anything. The shave was also weeper city but that could be due to the Schick blade it came with since they are pretty harsh when first used. I'll test the weeper problem by using a Personna blade for the next shave. End result it shaves as close as a G1 one which for me is a BBS finish.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Jim99, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  15. pj3r

pj3r Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Poslano sa mog SM-A600FN koristeći Tapatalk

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tabac Tue 29th Oct

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2band
    Tabac soap
    Alu. General & Windrose Handle
    Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
    Tabac A/S Lotion

A Day of firsts:- My First Tabac Tues, new handle on the Alu General, Ist use of a Proguard blade in this Razor.

I have had mixed views on the Alu General in the past, and finally got to like it with a Claymore handle/ Schick Proline blade. It still was not
    a real favourite as other AC/SEs worked better for me. Today planned to use the Feather Proguard in it for the first time and on a whim
    decided to pair it up with a spare Windrose handle.

Have found the ideal brush for the soap, the little Chubby works well on the soap in its bowl and creates a great lather with no mess. Due to the guards on the blade one feels the Razor during initial clearance, then it settles down allowing me to work away to produce the best ever finish
    I have ever got from this Razor - a real Face Stroker. A different Blade/ Handle has transformed the Alu General for me, a real relaxed Shave with a fantastic finish.

IMG_0202.jpg

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 29, 2019

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Personna twin
    Razor: Personna injector
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Post: Witch hazel, Wet Shaving Products Tobacco aftershave

SOTD 10-29-19.jpg

kjbarth, Jim99, brit and 10 others like this.
  18. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

SOTD October 29th, 2019

Schick L1 with Personna blade
    DR Harris Arlington
    Vintage Boar Brush
    Preferred Stock Aftershave
    YNC Shave cup [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Greetings shave fans..

Off theme, but it was time for the grudge match.
    New vs Old
    Domestic vs Imported
    Smooth vs Rough
    Utilitarian vs Exotic

The players - the Supply Single Edge with a Chick (2) vs the Beloved Schick I1 with a Supply Personna (2)

For the grudge match, The Dirty Shavers from the South and the Pinaud Clubman. Stirling Tuxedo officiating.

I know we don't like to talk this way around the 30DC, but for me Supply Personna blades are just crummy. If I had to judge the performance of the sleek Supply tool with the lousy Personna on board it would be making its way back on the money-back guarantee. The I1 was such a delight to use even with a worn Chick, not so with a Personna. Of course, I have learned to 'shave wit what ya got', but it does not mean that I have to like it.

It comes as no wonder to me that the Supply folks will be changing up and taking control of the their new blade now that they have Shark Tank backing. Did I say that they will be on ABC's Shark Tank this Sunday night!
    I think we can pre-order the newbies on Nov. 1 for a target ship on the 15th.

In the end it is Supply Single Edge Steel winning the lead injector roll in the Max Headroom tool shed.

Today I'm going to double check my findings with a newly loaded Personna in the I1 and a new one that I 'cork' in the Supply. I have to at least consider some possibility that the loosing Personna is defective or was damaged by the operator.

Thanks to Andrew @Linuxguile for the Schick Prolines that showed up yesterday, they will be getting a shot in the SSSSS soon (thats Shiny Slick Stainless Steel Supply). Be on the lookout for other blade comparisons coming up.

[​IMG]

kjbarth, Jim99, brit and 11 others like this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Damaskeene OC, Tibam handle.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kjbarth, Jim99, brit and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.