November 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 30, 2019.

?

We want to KNOW your NO in NOvember!!

1. I'm gonna go No Variation and RULE it!

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. I'm gonna go No Repeat and use it all!

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. I'm gonna go have cookies since they are doubled this month!!

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. I'm gonna go with my usual gear and just have fun without a theme!

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  5. I'm gonna go have ice cream since there's extra this month!!

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  6. I'm gonna go over there and watch you all like a stalker!!

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  7. I'm gonna go over there and have extra cookies AND ice cream - because I can!!!

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice photo and setup, Jason!

jtspartan, brit, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thank you Danny! :happy088:

Norcalnewb, Trigger, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  3. Boojum1

Thanks Gary! :happy088:

4. brit

brit in a box

awesome deluxe shave Jason..

5. Boojum1

:thanks:

6. PLAla

Den reduction update:

Some of you may recall that after we moved this summer I was lamenting that I had too much shaving software. I've been on a unhurried mission to try and reduce my den to a manageable level. @jtspartan's philosophy of "one in one out" is a good mantra. I am down to 20 soaps now in the den. One of those is a dopp soap (Nivea shaving stick) so it's really 19 soaps. I'd like to finish some off and maybe make another sale or two to get it down to 15. That's my target. I really like what I have left in the 19 so reduction through use is my next goal.

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I used to feature "Meanwhile in........." pictures with my shave reports back in the days of blade trials and reviews. So, wherever the blade was manufactured, I had an accompanying photo. Something along the lines of.......

-Meanwhile-In-Russia-MEME-Funny-Pictures.jpg

Some of the other guys also liked to put up some funny pics, like they still do, and they would sometimes run into the "eye bleach" category. Unicorns and rainbows also gained a lot of popularity with various pictures that would go from just a little funny to OMG I can't look! At one point we had an escalating war of pictures going on, with increasing amounts of eye bleach necessary, and I brought it to an end with one of my "Meanwhile" pics. It was a double hit as it both fit the blade country of origin (Personna blues) and it was an escalation in the eye bleach war. Prepare yourself.

the-epitome-of-awesome-photo-u1.jpg

I have actually found another one in this theme that I haven't shared, mostly because I haven't felt the need to "go that far" again to be a winner. I also have a rainbow themed picture that is the one I consider my "nuclear option". I'm pretty sure it would shut down any ongoing picture battle but I'm almost afraid to unleash it on the world. I mean, the one I just posted was enough to cause serious illness among over 40% of the crew back then. Of course, the crew was smaller so the percentage is skewed, but it's still a number to be proud of.

8. brit

brit in a box

:D..

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Actually, rejections cost quite a bit more than approvals. If we reject you we only have that one chance to profit off.....er.......collect appropriate fees to cover costs. If we accept you we will have many more opportunities to rip you....er.....allow you to participate in the most glorious revolution and its associated costs.

Terry, jtspartan, Norcalnewb and 10 others like this.
  10. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Nov 14th
    No Repeat

Razor: Gillette Black Handle Super Speed (V2)
    Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
    Brush: Razorock Plisoft Barber 24
    SS & AS: MLS Pantie Dropper

I wasn't born in November but I was born on the 14th. So I figured today was the No Repeat day to use my birthyear razor. It performs like most other Superspeeds. I like the feather blades in these medium razors. I still have to be cautious in the sensitive areas on my neck and around my mouth.

Mowed right through the stubble with ease. 3 pass shave with some feedback from my alum block. Nothing too severe. BBS on my face with some soft stubble remaining on my neck. Its the ATG pass with buffing where I still need some work. I have a mix of course and fine hair on my neck. The course hair comes off great but the fine hair seems to lay flat too easily unless I stretch. That's were I get into trouble. I end up stretching and scrubbing, bad combo. So I usually decide to just leave it alone.

20191114_080309-1024x768.jpg

Terry, Edison Carter, b1hart and 14 others like this.
  11. PLAla

Wonderful shave, Evan!

Terry, brit, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Love the black and white theme, Gary!
    Great looking shave, Mark!
    Pretty picture, Jason!
    Wonderful picture, Evan!

jtspartan, brit, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

nov142019.jpg
    Nov 14th (@1k post)

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Supreme Sandalwood Science
    PS, SS, ASB, AS
    Heritage Collection CMON 77-4 w/Zenith boar
    Drew Dick 7/8 Damascus Steel - Green Kirinite

Continuing on my No Repeat software, 1 Straight Rule this month. Warm shower started today's routine, followed with PAA's 2.0 PS and a hot towel wipe/rinse. After a short warm soak, the CMON was helplessly overloaded, which made for a wonderful luscious & slick lather. Serious fun painting it on, making multiple coats, thick & no skin color showing anywhere. This Drew Dick behemoth plowed through it all, needing rinses every couple strokes. Smooth shave today, 3 pass DFS+. 1 tiny weeper on the first pass, flat part of the chin, stopped as I was shaving. Finished up with a light application of PAA's Star Jelly (a scentless ASB) along with a generous amount of the Supreme Sandalwood Science AS. Ready for a another busy work day.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

14. PLAla

Wonderful photo and shave, Blair!

brit, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  15. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Beautiful shave Jason! I would rate it a 9 out of 10......it would have been 10 out of 10 if you would have used MWF. :scared003:

Terry, jtspartan, brit and 6 others like this.
  16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I am scared! :shocked003:

Terry, brit, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Fun image Danny. Man, minds thinking alike. I was thinking, just this morning....never seen a fish eye image for a 30DC post, maybe I should dust off that lens.....and, BAM....you did it. NICE! Great shave too (of course!).

Very nice Matthew! There are a few well performing canned goo's out there!

jtspartan, brit, wristwatchb and 8 others like this.
  18. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Excellent shaves, gents!

Terry, b1hart, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Well, I think we're a lot cuter than the Three Amigos. :D
    fun.jpg

Terry, Edison Carter, brit and 9 others like this.
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave and picture, Blair!

Terry, brit, Hembree and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.