The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

So is there anything exciting to expect from Black Friday? I’m ready to place an order, but will hold off if there’s something waiting around the corner.

2. brit

brit in a box

fine stirling shave Andrew..

3. brit

brit in a box

stirling executive man.. 20191120_181433_edited.jpg

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

5. Linuxguile

Rod said Black Friday was going to be bigger then ever! I'm holding off on planning an order till then too.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

6. Latherin’ Luddite

Ok thanks. I’ll practice restraint. It does take practice........... :D

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD November 21, 2019

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Schick Platinum Plus
    Razor: Schick I1
    Brush: Poculi synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Green

SOTD 11-21-19.jpg

theFAT98, ezlovan, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  8. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Same here, and they work great.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

ahahaha, that's a good point lol

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 4 others like this.
  10. Gnomeo0228

Woohoo!!!!

theFAT98, ezlovan, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Wow, if it weren't for the fact that I'll be having thanksgiving at my sister's house(with her husband and yappy brother-in-law), I could settle down more easily to mentally prepare for the big Friday, after the hard work of doing the Tony nomination!

12. Paul Turner

My next Stoylin set will be Ramblin Man(soap&A.S.). Not sure when, but that is next in line in my "Lazy Susan" shave den.

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

It will be hard....quite difficult, actually....but I'm going to refrain from any Black Friday purchases from Stirling. I'm trying to reduce my den and have some wonderful Stirling scents already. I choose to be happy with those this year. Again, it will be hard!

14. Linuxguile

I need to pick up a couple shampoo bars and a bottle of lotion. I'm wondering if rod will be releasing any new scents that I don't already have.

15. Paul Turner

That's, actually the way I see it too............certainly with soaps. I'll look to see what's there, but I think I'm fine. Course I have to buy the Tony Awards champion anyway(and runner-up, but the latter can wit til a later date. Those are the rules set forth by my one-person staff).

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. J. Greene

J. Greene Member

I received my first Stirling order today! Outstanding service, now I see what you guys have been raving about. I just made an order and bang it was here! I shave every other day so a soap lasts me awhile. I ordered five samples to make sure I liked the soap before getting a big tub. I don't think that is going to be a problem, smelling all of the samples they each smell awesome! I will never be able to go back to my generic soaps! What spurred my purchase was my cheap boar brush finally gave it up... so I ordered a very nice looking Stirling boar brush. Stirling also threw in a free sample of Haverford post shave balm. Thanks Rod and Mandy! Really looking forward to using everything! [​IMG]

chevyguy, ezlovan, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  17. Gnomeo0228

Excellent choices!!!!

I love that brush, but it took me some time to break in. I got one when they were 1st released. Not sure if that means anything lol! And mine did shed like crazy in the beginning. If you need any tips on getting that bad boy broken in, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

ezlovan, Frijolero, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  18. J. Greene

J. Greene Member

My old boar brush lasted a year and shed a bunch on me too. The other night I had a big wad of hairs come out at once and it gave me an excuse to start my Stirling order! I do love dunking my brush in hot water to have a hot lather which I am sure attributed to its demise. The Stirling boar looks more substantial and looks nicer too.

19. Gnomeo0228

I tell everyone in the market for a boar to grab one. Hard to beat for the price.

20. Latherin’ Luddite

That was a well planned order. A great selection of scents and a total workhorse of a brush. My brush shed for a few uses before settling down.......just an FYI in case yours does too.

Ozark Mountain and MITA are two more classics that must be sampled at some point.

And seasonally, Christmas Eve is my absolute favorite. It truly IS Christmas in a plastic tub! I’ve given it as gifts and stockpiled a lot for myself. It’s incredible.

ezlovan, Frijolero, Jim99 and 6 others like this.