SOS: November 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Thanks Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey, brit and clint64 like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you, Ken!

3. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Very very niiiiice. Looks like cold steel shave there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

GoArt_20191123_160032_5504142124581528749.jpg
    Saturday Vespers
    Wonderful scent and top performance. No pre shave needed today.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Rockwell 6s R6
    Blade: Voskhod
    Brush: Lutin Chubby Lightning
    Lather: B&M Vespers
    Aftershave: B&M Vespers

5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

We go to some vintage races over the summer at the local track and I love the classics.
    Steve

7. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

SATURDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Bath Soap - Lucky Girl Boutique's Pure Body Delights "Autumn Essence" *(Scent provided by Rod & Mandy of Stirling Soaps)
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Rex Supply Co. "Ambassador" Adjustable Stainless Steel with matching stand
    Blade - [​IMG] *4th Shave
    Shave Brush - Vigshaving Nylon Synthetic
    Lather Bowl - Durance de Provence White Ceramic
    Preshave Oil - Lather & Wood's "Unscented"
    Shave Soap - Lucky Girl Boutique's Pure Body Delights "Autumn Essence" *(Scent provided by Rod and Mandy of Stirling Soaps)
    Deodorant - Lucky Girl Boutique's Pure Body Delights "Autumn Essence" *(Scent provided by Rod and Mandy of Stirling Soaps)
    Aftershave/Fragrance - Stirling Soaps "Autumn Glory"

Sorry for the late post. The shave went great. 3 passes + minor touch ups. Yesterday's irritation luckily cleared up and allowed me to have a shave later this morning. I love the ultra-masculine scent of Stirling's Autumn Glory. Smells like slightly burnt leaves, woods and sweet amber and spices. The incense note gives it that slightly smokey thing. This is a nice Fall scent.

8. Smooth Steve

I like the look of that head. Looks very smooth. How is the shave?
    Steve

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I was expecting the shave to be on the mild side like the DE89 but with both the hybrid baseplates there is a lot of blade feel. Overall thus far I have found the razor to be smooth and efficient.

Douglas Carey, brit, jluc and 2 others like this.
  10. Smooth Steve

Great photo and gear Chris.
    Steve

11. Smooth Steve

Cool Gary. Nice shave my friend.
    Steve

12. Smooth Steve

Nice. :happy088:

13. Smooth Steve

11/23/19 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Expedition Soaps - Spice it Up! - Oatmeal, Milk & Honey
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Solstice Shampoo Puck (W/ Yucca Root & Cider Vinegar)
    Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ciderhouse 5 A Festive Fall Shave Soap
    RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Durham Dorset Razor (First Use) with Personna Blade 1st Shave
    Shavex Alum Block
    Homemade Lemon and Mandarin Infused Witch Hazel with Alum
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ciderhouse 5 Seasonal Aftershave/Cologne Matured w/ Toasted American Oak Cubes
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Aloe Vera Gel Made with Organic Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre De Drago Natural Deodorant - New Sport Strength Formula​

D IMG_6350.jpg

14. Number six

Thanks Steve I appreciate the comment.
    Looks like you had a great shave, special scents too! What do you think about that stand for the Rex? it’s a monster.

15. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

16. Smooth Steve

Thanks Chris. I have thought of picking up a Rex but never pulled the trigger. Once I offered to buy one on another forum on their BST but then the guy pulled out last minute. I usually avoid stands because I have too many razors and just store them in a plastic compartment container. So I haven't checked it out. I understand they have a new razor coming out but don't know anything about it. I need to head over to their site soon.
    Steve

17. Todd Pedlar

Todd Pedlar Well-Known Member

SOTD, 23 November 2019

On the road at a hotel for a state-wide orchestra concert my daughter is honored to be playing in tonight; as such in celebration of hearing some fine music later on, I decided this afternoon's shave needed to be as Fine a shave as is possible for me given that I've not got a Fine brush... but in fact it was better than merely Fine - it was truly a Damn Fine Shave ;) As triple-milled hard soaps go, this Fine soap really loads quite easily, and the lather is excellent. Post shave face feel is quite nice indeed.

Pre-shave: hot towel
    Razor: Fine Marvel DE
    Blade: Voskhod (#2)
    Brush: Omega Pro 49
    Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
    A/S: Fine Italian Citrus Splash

[​IMG]

18. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

First Feather DX shave with a Pro Super blade. A very nice performing combo with what could be considered the top end of replaceable blade straights. Cuts really easy. Gets to that low cutting angle a little better than the regular Pro blades. Certainly a shaving piece one would want to use shaving others. If I was looking for my 'one and only' I'd go a little higher up to the wood scales, these are a bit slick when wet.

Since I'm not in it for the 'one and only' I don't feel bad about pitting it head to head against a DE shavette costing 1/10 as much. This will be fun. My first guess is that the Feather/Feather wins the first couple of rounds, then yields to the Focus/GSB later and in distance.

First shave was very good. Be hard pressed to say I'd shaved with anything better.

Since I'm heading to the hospital tonight for my 3rd successive sleep study I went with the Brut type scent for my pleasant dreams. Although as I'm writing, it occurred to me that I will be hooked up to a positive air pressure device and may not smell much of anything. Either way good performing soap. I like the extra menthol kick in Wholly Kaw, but I like the alcohol / witch hazel / aloe / glycerin base Stirling uses in their splashes better than anything.

I suspected that I have had sleep apnea for a while but seemed to manage it other ways. About a month ago I kept waking up gasping for air and figured it was time to do something about it. Tonight I'll be tested on a dual pressure device. I think they got me running this series for insurance justification on more advanced machines. Last week, I was pretty amazed how well I slept once they got the CPAP dialed in.

Shave on, shave free!

[​IMG]

19. Number six

Sorry Steve my bad. On my phone sometimes the pictures and descriptions scroll and I was looking at Tim’s description. Confusion reigns. Anyhow the Rex is a great shaver- I like to travel with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

24 November 2019

* Blackbird Polished SB 101
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Aquamarine C7
    * Mystic Water Brown Windsor
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

Thread Status: