Shaving Gel ---VS--- Shaving Foam ?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by idan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Shaving Gel ---VS--- Shaving Foam ?

1. Shaving Gel

2. Shaving Foam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Same here. Before rediscovering soaps, and later creams, I preferred gels over foam.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. xiletero

xiletero Member

I went from a bar of soap (30yrs ago) to foam..... then I bought one can of Nivea Gel and that clogged my cartridges....did not use it till last year when I started shaving DE and using a brush. Well one day I decided to try that horrible gel again but lathered it with a brush and it worked OK!! Try that....it's a good back up, or maybe an option before tossing that can of gel.

Douglas Carey and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Foam,because in my experience, Gel's strength cuts out most of the fragrance of my aftershave.

4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Classic Barbasol.

Clayton[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

5. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Over the years, I've used all sorts of canned foams and gels. For canned, I'd have to give the nod to Edge gel.

But my recent initial use of Proraso Red, in a tube, has swayed me to that. Give yourself a shot at that in a bowl with a brush. You might be surprised. I was!

:shaver

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Back in the day, it was either Edge Gel (Schick) or Gillette Fusion Gel, depending on what was on sale.

Douglas Carey and S Barnhardt like this.
  7. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I generally prefer shave soaps, face lathered with a brush.

BUT...
    When I use canned shave cream, it is because I am short on time for the shave. I use both gels and foams, but I find that gels require more time to use effectively. Ideally, both are worked into your beard by massaging into your face either by fingers or brush.

My experience is that the gels give a better glide during the shave and a better face feel after the shave. But, that may be the products that I use.

Barbasol & Gillette Foamy are both good foams. I really like the Aveno and Gillette gel products, but have used the Edge gel also.

Just learn the strength and weakness of each, and use that product to its potential.

YMMV.

S Barnhardt and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I'm in the same boat @Primotenore. I can't remember the last time I used a Gel or a Foam. I have to many brushes to use those products any more, besides I have and/or take my time now. :happy102:

Mitchell Smitley and S Barnhardt like this.