Tallow+ steel sasqets

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rhody, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Anyone else have the big foot land? I received my set yesterday. Cool label art the scent is amazing. Not lavender heavy or forward to my nose. Cant wait to try it.

cliffb599 and RyX like this.
  2. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

ok so first use was noting short of fantastic on all counts. right off the bat i got a great lather / water mix. i got a huge face full of lather. as usual and I guess as expected with t/s the face feel is amazing, great cushion and slickness. very comfortable and easy ... the scent was mild while shaving ... during the shave it was pleasant in a woodsy way .... yet clean and fresh. post shave was amazing washing off felt like using a lotion.
    i followed with alum - very little feedback. and then the matching aftershave. I did add a small amount of menthol to my bottle upon receipt. the scent is unusual and pretty amazing. very woodsy very much like the pacific north west. i get wood, forest, moss ? and pine ... pine needles maybe. some lavender in there but slight. not floral. the scent has lasted now about 1.5 hours post shave my face feels great and i can get the scent.

steve207 and brit like this.
  3. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

probably the only Tallow & Steel scent that sounds appealing to me, too bad it's a limited release (and their aftershave has no alcohol)

4. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Alcohol is in there but about 11 ingredients down

5. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

true, but low concentration like that defeats the point of having it in an aftershave (antiseptic and astringent) - I think it is mainly used as a preservative here

6. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

It feels like enough and certainly having it in there at all overcame my original objection to t&s. Plus i can easily dissolve menthol Crystal

I cant say enough about this soap. I get a huge lather out of just a couple of swirls in the soap.