The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

It's the little boy from the movie A Christmas Story. His name in the movie is Ralphie. This is where Santa pushes him down the slide after he asks for the BB gun.

Frijolero, Linuxguile, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you very much. I appreciate the order, and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season as well.

3. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    I do. We're working on MITA, Haverford, Triumph, Witchy Woman, and an attempt to make the Barbershop stronger right now.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by and picked something up over the weekend. I am in your debt. It's been a fun weekend. Our first ever Black Friday weekend when we have an actual storefront and we had an absolute disaster. We had more customers in store on Friday and Saturday than we have in a normal month, and the whole place stunk like death. Normally customers walk in and say it smells so nice, and of all weekends, it smelled like rotting carcass. We had to keep all the doors open and it was freezing cold the whole time. Spent all day Sunday drilling holes in the floor with a small wire camera, and finally ended up having to take the circular saw and cut two large holes in the floor to pull out a dead and rotting possum that had crawled under the crawl space of the building and died up near the storefront. I was absolutely mortified and embarrassed every time we had a customer come in this weekend. We're still cleaning up the mess today, but at least the stench is gone. We covered the spot with 80 lbs of lime, and I dumped a leftover jug of Stirling One aftershave on the pile as well to cover any residual.

Now I'm going to go fix another coffee and get back to all the emails that came in yesterday....

EDC, Frijolero, Edison Carter and 8 others like this.
  5. PLAla

Wow, that's really unfortunate! Glad you were able to locate the stench. I'm sure your walk-in customers understood and it didn't hurt your business. I'm thankful for you guys and your wonderful products and hope the weekend was good for your business.

6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

This is a great example of one of the first things I learned in my Marketing class in college many years ago - Murphy's Law ("Whatever can go wrong will go wrong ( snd at the worst possible time)). It sounds like you made it through just fine and had a nice prosperous weekend to boot. I couldn't be happier for you. You and all of Stirling are very special to us.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks "Doc". :)

8. Paul Turner

I would have used Sandpiper to clean up any messes in MY bathroom!!! :). Maybe throw in a little Spice.

Frijolero, ezlovan, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Question for the group and I'm sure answers will vary but trying to gauge my own use/abuse of the wonderful aftershave's Stirling produces and see typically how much aftershave is being used to a tub of the shave soap. At the current pace I'm on I think I'll use about two of the bottles of aftershave to get through most of a tub of soap. Maybe a little more?!?

10. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Perry..

11. PLAla

I've never gotten that far into a tub of Stirling soap, but I can see how the splash would run out first.

12. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I can definitely see two bottles of aftershave per tub of Stirling soap. Remember, Stirling's soap tubs are very generous at about 50% larger than most of their competitors (Stirling provides nearly 6 ounces of soap per tub vs. 4 ounces for the average competitor). While I've never used a full tub of Stirling's soap, I have used full tubs of a couple of their competitors soaps and in those cases have had aftershave left over (I am probably a light user of aftershave). You bring up a great point though and that is that Stirling provides such a generous portion in their soap tubs that more than 1 bottle of their aftershave may be needed.

Frijolero, ezlovan, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

That would be my plan, too. For those soaps I really like, I'm sure to order another matching aftershave.

14. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Oh man, so sorry to hear that Rod! Sure hope you were able to get everything cleaned and patched up. By the way, thanks for stopping by my live shave on Saturday. Was really cool to see you in there knowing how busy you were.

15. Gnomeo0228

Here is my order....(MITA is for a giveaway on my Youtube shhhhh! lol)
    upload_2019-12-2_12-48-41.png

16. Paul Turner

Thank you very much for skipping out on the final 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards Nomination Day...course as it was on Thanksgiving morning perhaps you had other things going on. The choices were 1)-A.S.-Glacial Lime 2)-Body Wash-Baker St. The BEST IN SHOW will be on New Year's Day...the champion and runner-up will be crowned. But I just thought I'd let you know the latest results, since you wanted to be in the audience. :).

17. Gnomeo0228

Oh shoot, man, I'm so sorry!!! Last week was crazy busy. Excellent choices!!!!

18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m happy to hear of all the customers (wish you were closer to where I live), but really sorry to hear about the dead possum stinking up the place.
    :)

19. Paul Turner

Thanks :). Gonna be tough to decide the winner, but that's what the Tonys are all about.

20. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Wow, what a tragedy. I'd think most would have to understand.

FWIW, I probably would have hit it with a jug of Electric Sheep. ;)