Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great shave, Jay!

kjbarth and Jayaruh like this.
  2. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Last few shaves...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, MPF9, kjbarth and 11 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Jeff! I enjoy the Cube. It's a cold pre-shave soap, much colder than the Stirling mentholated soap I used previously. I can shave successfully without it, but I enjoy it overall. I use it in a different manner than most, probably, in that I rub some on and lather it up with my hands. Then I load my shave soap in the brush. Before face lathering I wash off the pre-shave soap. I don't lather on top of it.

kjbarth, brit, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I have been curious about the difference between the Personna blades and the "Chicks". As far as sharpness and smoothness do you notice a difference.
    Also has anyone tried the supply company blades hor comparison.

Nice shaves. I love the brush with the Clogproof. Is that a Gem Jr. Bar or a Star bar in the second shave?
    And the handle on the Gem 1912 looks quite interesting.

jimjo1031, kjbarth, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  5. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

The brush is a reknotted Everready 200t with 2 band badger. The lather catcher is a GEM junior bar. And the GEM junior is a new addition...now have 3 handles: this metal one, a baton, and what seems to be a valet auto strop handled one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD DEC 5th - 2019
    Razor : Oneblade Core V2- MFG 2019
    Blade : FHS-10 shown, Experimenting with a Gem blade(3)
    Soap : Santa Maria Del Flore Firenze
    Brush : Razorock Noir 400
    Preshave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand soap + Aloe Vera clear gel on beard area.
    Postshave: American barber with witch hazel + Nivea balm
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]
    SOTD DEC 05-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, MPF9, kjbarth and 8 others like this.
  7. jgreenepa

Well Doug Smythe it’s developer recommends washing with it as you do to remove skin oil. Interesting! I always learn new ways from you guys! Thanks.

kjbarth, GAW9576 and PLAla like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Also, I have the blue Cube and not the charcoal version. I think it's the same product without the activated charcoal.

kjbarth and jgreenepa like this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Autostrop A1 with a modified Gem stainless steel ptfe blade, shave 3.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Still the king of Autostrops for a close shave. Not only does it get me to a glass like BBS finish, it also takes an extra layer of skin off in the process if you aren't careful. There really isn't any Gem style razor I've used that comes close to this one for overall efficiency without being overly aggressive at the same time. It is deceptively mild.​

jimjo1031, kjbarth, BigD and 6 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

How would you say it compares to a Streamline or G-bar which delivers the same type shave to me?

kjbarth likes this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Not even in the same ballpark for aggressiveness at least for a G-bar which I've used before. Can't say on the Streamline never having owned or used one.

kjbarth likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Ron.enjoyed the dead sea soap..this must be similar in performance..what would you compare the scent with?

kjbarth likes this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I thought you would enjoy Razorock's The Dead Sea soap, Razorock Santa Maria Del Flore Firenzi is very nice soap as well and scent strength maybe not as strong as T.D.S . The scent has a tranquil sweet tobacco Vanilla pleasant scent that is just right on the mark IMO. With excellent slickness (Protection) also with good stiffness of lather to suspend the beard whiskers for the blade edge to do it's work. For $13 US (Black Friday sale) for a 8.5 once tub is a bargain and very enjoyable for a morning shave.

14. brit

brit in a box

thank you Ron.price can't be beat..even the regular price is fine.tds is a nice soap base..i like jeeves barbershop,stirling gentleman,sandpiper and a &e grecian horse.sounds like it fits the vein..worth the risk,on the next order list,i appreciate your help.:eatdrink047:..

jimjo1031 and kjbarth like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD Fri Dec 6-2019
    Razor : Everready Streamline 2nd generation- MFG 1949-53
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8)
    Soap : Razorock Don Marco- new soap to my collection
    Brush : Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm
    Preshave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Ale Vera clear gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
    Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + Nivea balm
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]
    Friday Dec 6-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, MPF9, kjbarth and 11 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I find the main difference the price.

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    GZD Berber Stick
    Jayaruh #2
    Pal Injectomatic
    Personna
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The GZD Berber Stick Shave Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #2 Badger Brush. I did two passes and a cleanup with the Pal Injectomatic razor with a Personna blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MPF9, kjbarth and 10 others like this.
  18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Amazing time!
    Here we have an ER Lather Catcher, 1907 design probably made 1912/13ish. Armed with a PAL Super carbon blade (I LOVE these blades). Arko Soap face lathered with a small Badger travel brush.

Shave was Heavenly....it's funny....I cannot testify that there have been ANY significant improvements in safety razor design in the last 110 years....

I guess when you got it right the first time...

Shave followed by Skin-bracer splash and 3 spritzes of Guerlain Jicky EdP. Thats another case of getting it right early on...I believe Jicky was introduced at the Paris World Fair in 1889!! And it's my favorite Modern Scent!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jim99 and 11 others like this.
  19. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I've been doing some testing. Out of 4.

For me......
    * Schick Proline is tops
    * Tie for 2nd between Schick Chicks and the NEW Supply blades, (for now, still in progress).
    * 3rd circa late 50's vintage Schick blades
    * Dead last, the original Supply blades that came with the Supply Razor then.

I suspect blades for Supply are made by the Personna folks. The new ones are not a stock blade like the original Supply are. The new are Supply specified for grind angles, honing, and coatings.

I have not tried Personnas from other sources, but I hated the original Supply blades. I would have sent the razor back if that was all there was.

jimjo1031, Jim99, kjbarth and 3 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I really like Proline B20s unfortunately they don't seat securely in some injector razors. Otherwise that's probably all I would use in them. The Chicks are fine but if there is something better for close to the same price I'd give em a go. Are the new Supply the same shape as the Chicks or do they have the more rounded corners like the B20s?

jimjo1031 and kjbarth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.