Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Used Vintage Williams soap for today's shave [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tanuki, Ron R, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks like a classic shave to me Justin. :happy096:

kjbarth and brit like this.
  3. mayer57619

Thank you, Doug!

Douglas Carey, kjbarth and brit like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 11th Dec.

Omega 11126 boar
    Williams Mug soap
    ER " Streamline "
    Gem S/S [ 4 ]
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

After the quite forgiving TNNSER 3D the "Streamline" is a bit more of a handful. Very satisfying however to get a good quality Shave from one of my favourites.

IMG_0346.jpg

Tanuki, Ron R, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good looking gear. :eatdrink047:

MPF9, kjbarth and brit like this.
  6. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

Second shave Valet AutoStrop VB1

Valet AutoStrop VB1, despined Gem PTFE
    Original (?) auto-strop, 5 laps
    Gem Guiding Eye Micromatic Bullet Tip, just detail under the jaw/beard line
    Palmolive menthol cream and brick Cella
    Unbranded boar
    Witch hazel and Proraso green splash

Here is the star of the show, in from the wild on Monday:
    80B9D7CE-F137-49F6-96FE-0982B823145E.jpeg
    I polished the silver a bit since the photo of the set.
    6757E73B-24CA-462F-A264-1080BE38BD65.jpeg
    Rules for living: keep the comb fully engaged with the blade edge, ride the ‘cap’ (but there is no cap). Comfortable DFS +.

Linuxguile, Ron R, Jayaruh and 11 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

cool set sir..

kjbarth and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

Thanks! Just stumbled onto it. The first AutoStrop set I’ve seen in the wild that had a strop (supple and usable!) and that wasn’t pretty badly trashed. I feel lucky!

Ron R, kjbarth, BigD and 3 others like this.
  9. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

Nice! The Seven O’clock must be more nimble than the steampunk AutoStrop.

Hey, this despining thing isn’t too hard!

Ron R, kjbarth and brit like this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I don't know about more nimble but certainly the smoothest strop like razor pending me finding and using a VC1 that actually works correctly as originally intended. I don't know if you seen my earlier posts but this razor was also made by Autostrop either for 7 O'clock or 7 O'clock was a subsidiary Autostrop. That razor requires an extra modification step besides removing the spine, You need to grind out under the tangs to make it shaped like a Feather blade or else the razor won't be able to lock the blade in place. I can also say using a Feather blade is no go with this razor since the blade will stick out well past the edge of the guard.

The razor is well worth seeking out if you like shaving with Autostrop razors and you don't mind shelling out some serious cash for one. Unlike Autostrop razors which in the main except for A model ones usually go for $10 - $30 range for a good piece the 7 O'clock you'll probably wind up shelling out at least $80 if not over $100 for one when they do come up for sale.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    kjbarth, Tanuki and brit like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If you are interested that razor was made for sure in 1922. Short story long, they made the VB1 from 1921 - 1922. The earlier ones have the older blade tab holders on the comb that hold the blade by the side. The newer holder holds the blade by the front blade edge. Since it is the newer one puts it at 1922. Far as I know that razor never made it past 1922 when the C model razor specifically the VC1 was introduced.

kjbarth, Tanuki and brit like this.
  12. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

Your knowledge is much appreciated! Gaisman was apparently a fascinating character, which was the original trigger to my awareness of AutoStrop. I mainly hunt for vintage razors in the wild, with the occasional forum buy, so the odds of my harpooning a white whale like the 7 O’clock seem low. Two shaves in, I am more impressed by the VB1 than I expected. And I am a sucker for anything with a serial number.

And I’m off to look for your other posts!

Ron R, kjbarth, brit and 1 other person like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 12th Dec.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    ER 1924 - Windrose Handle
    Gem s/s [ 5 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

There is much discussion about the ER 1914/1924 Razors, regarding which is best. I prefer the 1924 with a slightly longer handle, though I get good quality Shaves with a 1914. I rather enjoyed this mornings outing with the 1924, as with a nice lather it was very smooth and comfortable, and the overall finish was excellent.

IMG_0347.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Linuxguile, Tanuki, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD December 12, 2019

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Schick Plus Platinum
    Razor: Schick L5 'Revere' injector
    Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

SOTD 12-12-19.jpg

brit, Linuxguile, Tanuki and 9 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Extra Performance Shaving Cream
    Tom's 3D Printed Brush
    Supply V2
    Personna
    CWR
    Lilac Vegetal

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Arko Extra Performance Shaving Cream face lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. I did two passes and a cleanup with the Supply V2 razor with the three dot plate and a Personna blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Lilac Vegetal After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Linuxguile, Tanuki, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Autostrop razors are still easily found in the wild according to my personal experience. They made a lot of these razors back in the day far as I can tell. You are not finding a 7 O'clock razor in the wild unless you are hunting over in the UK. The closest razor to that 7 O'clock is most likely a VC1 if you can find one that is in good shape. That razor should be an easy wild item.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone likes shaving with Gem razors they should have at least one B model autostrop razor in their den to use. Doesn't matter which one either a B1, B2 or VB1, they are all the same razor and shaver as long as the combs are bent the same.

brit, kjbarth, Tanuki and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD- Thursday Dec-12-2019

Razor : One blade Core Version 2-MFG 2019 excellent razor for daily shaving.
    Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified (6) is a superior blade compared to the FHS-10 for longevity.
    Soap : Barrister & Mann Seville
    Brush : Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm
    Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
    Post shave : Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + Nivea balm for the Canadian winter months.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]
    SOTD Thursday Dec 12-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

brit, kjbarth, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  18. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

+1!

kjbarth likes this.
  19. mayer57619

GEM junior bar shave today[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, kjbarth, MPF9 and 10 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I played around with 2 different Durham's today but finished the shave with my Henkels Rapide. I stropped a Treet super with the handle from my Gem Jr. Bar and noticed a little improvement but ended up switching to a 7th use Gem SS PTFE the results are quite nice. This razor is especially good for shaving the back of my neck where it can be hard to reach with some razors.

[​IMG]

Ron R, Jayaruh, BigD and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.