December 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 29, 2019.

?

What's the most decadent item in your den?

1. A really decadent DE - we're talking top of the line, gold plated over the top DECADENT!

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. A really decadent straight razor - we're talking top of the line, incredibly DECADENT!

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. A really decadent SE razor - vintage baby and shines like the sun because it's DECADENT!

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. A really decadent soap that lathers up like DECADENT whipped cream!

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. A really decadent brush that feels so soft yet makes such DECADENT lather!

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  6. Cookies, man. I mean seriously - is there anything more DECADENT than cookies??

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. Ice cream, man. Seriously. Without DECADENT ice cream - cookies are just hard bread!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very nice Neal.

Trigger, PLAla, kjbarth and 5 others like this.
  2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Doug!
    tp

Trigger, PLAla, kjbarth and 4 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Try the fit without punching a whole. Maybe it will work. It takes a few tries to figure out lining up the punch. When you have it, do 5 or 6 blades so that they are ready. I can get between 5 and 7 great shaves with the modified Gem blades.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

In general, I use only Gem blades in my OneBlade Genesis razors. The OneBlade is my best Gem Razor. ;)

5. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thanks, Doug!

Trigger, Douglas Carey, brit and 3 others like this.
  6. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Dec 14th
    Decedent December
    SR Saturday

Razor: Dovo Inox
    Brush: Omega S-Brush 10019
    PS: Proraso Green
    SS: Proraso White
    AS: Proraso Red

Finally I have a stainless straight. The Dovo Inox will be my primary straight razor simply due to easy of maintenance and quality. I did refresh the edge with a chromium oxide treated strop and some .3 micron lapping film. The edge is nice and shiny as seen with my 20x jeweller's loop.

Excellent shave today. 3 passes with a little cleanup on my neck. The blade is sharp. I bumped by earlobe and didn't really feel a thing. Sure enough a little blood drop formed a few seconds later. Before that there was a little red in the lather as I rinsed the blade, but I never identified the source.

Again the key seems to be a sharp blade and clearing the lather in order so I can stretch the skin effectively.

20191214_100330-1024x1024.jpg

7. MrEE

Thanks! As is always the case, it's fun having people show interest.

Trigger, Douglas Carey, brit and 4 others like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

The hole punch I have won't punch through the blade. I'll give it a shot using friction alone.

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great looking razor, Evan!

10. MrEE

Feels like Gary may have had some influence here. Good job not neglecting the poor DE members of your collection! Classic DEs need love too.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on the new straight Evan. It looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. brit

brit in a box

20191214_092716.jpg
    good morning gentlemen saturday shave.doing some outdoor shots when i have daylight.i have a 12 days off over christmas so lots of playing outside with the phone camera..stay tuned Jason, @jtspartan.bit of a damp chill outside so proraso sandalwood fit the bill.lathered up nicely with the new to me yaqi 24mm red ruby 2 band badger in the crystal bowl.old #58 aristocrat jr came out to play weilding a platinum blade and wiped the whiskers away in 2+ smooth passes.bbs was the winner..sandalwood splash iced the cake..have a fine day everyone..

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave and wonderful picture, Gary! Enjoy your time off!

14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

An SS straight razor, that's cool Evan!
    Very cool!
    tp

15. brit

brit in a box

:)..

16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Cool picture Gary!
    Nice razor!
    12 wonderful day Off, enjoy!
    tp

17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jim.one more week of work to go..and then off from the 21st to the 2nd..shave pic exploration time..:)..

18. brit

brit in a box

thank you Terry..one more week to go..

19. brit

brit in a box

fantastic proraso shave Evan..cool razor..my set up was picked before i saw your post..great minds..

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Curiosity got the best of me. Quicky unnecessary shave with a despined Gem. The blade didn't budge. I'm ready to switch razors but the next time the OneBlade comes out I'll be using a Gem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.