Differences in blades: Gillette Fusion Proglide VS Gillette Fusion Proglide Power

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by idan, Sep 25, 2018.

?

which one have a better blades: Gillette Fusion Proglide or Gillette Fusion Proglide Power

1. Gillette Fusion Proglide (blades)

2. Gillette Fusion Proglide Power (blades)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Active Member

hello:
    are there differences between the blades of Gillette Fusion Proglide and Gillette Fusion Proglide Power ?
    which one shave better?
    I've seen that the only differences are that the power version has micro combs that's really works? or just gimmick ?
    thank you very much :)

Gillette Fusion Proglide
    [​IMG]

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power
    [​IMG]

2. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I've never used either, so take this with a grain of salt...

From a mounting standpoint, they are interchangeable as are all Fusion5 carts. The Power version has the vibrating handle so I would assume that the differences in the micro combs, etc. are to enhance the effect/results of the vibration.

3. Grick

Grick Active Member

The funny thing is that the new Proshield comes with the comb but still is cheaper than the Proglide Power which is much more expensive than the Proglide Manual. And for what? The comb? Get outta here!

4. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I can't say and will never be able to say. I've never used either and never will. 5 blades? I thought the 3 in my Mach 3 was overkill. And it probably is. Darn it. Now I'm going to have to break open the Fusion that I got in the mail many years ago and has been sitting every since. I'll compare it to my Mach 3, a Gillette Guard and I'll buy a two blade cartridge to add to the mix. Probably a Gillette Sensor Excel. I think I used it before the Mach 3 came out. And so I don't waste too many shaves on this I'll shave one side of my face with one razor and the other side with another. I'll get it over with quicker.

5. Grick

Grick Active Member

The Fusion blades last much longer because 5 blades are doing all the work instead of just 3. I get 30 shaves easily with a Fusion. I get 7 or 10 out of a Mach3.