The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Gary!
    Another Stirling shave planned for tomorrow.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm repeating my Sandpiper tomorrow.

Frijolero, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 4 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i am pouring on the coal when my holiday starts..;)..

Frijolero, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

December 18th
    Razor: H&S Co NO75 LE
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
    Brush: Stirling Finest
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Pumpkin Spice
    Stirling unscented witch hazel
    Stirling mentholated balm
    AS: Stirling Pumpkin Spice

Good morning! [​IMG]

5. Paul Turner

Ya LADIES AND uh GENTLEMEN:

Here we are, at the "2 Week Warning" day for the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards Best In Show event. Course we honor the Runner-Up choice, too. Let's have a fun two weeks before the biiiiig day.

6. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Personally I'm really enjoying Deton-8!
    Also this was my first run with Stirling's new high density two band. Really impressed with how full the knot is, its beautiful and certainly whipped up a great lather with the new bowl.
    I've never used a two band before so I'd imagine there is a little break in period and finding the sweet spot.

My boar has more backbone while my silvertip is just a tad softer and definitely more floppy. This brush seems to strike a really nice balance; noticeable backbone and the tips feel great on the face.

7. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

All this Sandpiper talk inspired me break it out this morning. I usually like to reserve it for Sundays and special occasions, but today I used it just because. May have to do that a little more often ;)

8. brit

brit in a box

gentleman..awesome.. 20191218_162157_edited.jpg

EDC, Frijolero, ezlovan and 9 others like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

How’s this for a grand freeze!

Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap followed by Glacial Unscented balm and then Krampert’s Frostbite aftershave. Silky smooth from two sweet, swift passes!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Paul Turner

It's a great one, all right.

11. timabababaluka

I'm jealous.

I'd be shaving with SG at least twice a week if it weren't for the fact that my wife thinks it smells like "play-dough and dill." Instead, it's been combined with my sample of Haverford (which smells like "the flower section of Michael's Crafts") and is acting as my shower soap. Honestly, I don't know how two people with noses so different ever wound up together--the things we do for love ;)

Still, it's nice to see someone can enjoy what is one of my all-time favorite scents. I experience life vicariously through you, sir.

12. Paul Turner

I hope she likes Sandpiper, at least.

13. timabababaluka

It's in my three. It actually replaced Arkadia because the cedar notes in Arkadia were too strong for The Missus. I love cedar, so that was another difficult blow. Sandpiper, however, hits that sweet spot--and frankly, is a lot more refined ;)

14. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Varen for my next shave. It's a VERY close 2nd favorite scent of mine from Stirling. Gentleman is still number one :)

15. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I can relate. My wife doesn't like anything with Tobacco, Earth or some woods so I try to stay away from those scents as much as possible even though I personally wouldn't mind going there.

Also, I just received my third Black Friday package from Stirling (I didn't do my homework before ordering - my fault and it cost me extra postage). I got more backup for Tsuka (BoS) and one of those shaving bowls. The collapsible shaving bowls are so clever - I can't wait to give it a whirl.

16. Paul Turner

Course you did that video on V. Did you ever do one on G?

17. Paul Turner

I'm going to be in two public places this afternoon-yes one of 'em is the Piggly Wiggly dupe. We'll see how the Agadir attracts. Anyway, back to Stoylin.....

18. Paul Turner

Does that mean she might like a different woody smell, like Agarwood? Or is that the kind she doesn't like? How is she with Coniferous or Scots Pine?

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

My wife doesn’t really care for ANY of my scents (and I have a lot), so I’m free to use whatever floats MY boat each day. Kinda freeing, in the same vane as not having goals. :D

20. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I do use a couple of scents with a little sandalwood and some cedar and that's about it. Coniferous and Scots Pine - definitely not.