What was your first safety razor, and do you still use it?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by PLANofMAN, Jul 23, 2018.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

It’s been 5 yrs, which in the cancer business I’m told is good!

2. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Active Member

My dad gave me a Gillette Super Adjustable Black handle in 1976 and told me I could use it instead of the straight razor he taught me to shave with. My ex-wife got her fingers on it and sold it, and by best friend for my last birthday got me another one, and it's the same date code as the one my dad gave me.

3. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I started out shaving in the mid-late 60's with a Schick adjustable, probably an M2- not sure. I misplaced that one years ago, so unfortunately am not able to use it now. In fact, I don't have any injector type razors at all.

4. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

My first safety razor was Muhle Ritmo. It is still in my rotation. It is a very fine shaver, a tad more aggressive than a tech, and very smooth.

timabababaluka, brit and MacDaDad like this.
  5. xiletero

xiletero Member

Merkur Progress long handle, I use it seldom as I prefer vintage Gillette adjustable or OC razors.

brit and MacDaDad like this.
  6. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

My first safety razor was a Vickings Blade Chiefton. No I don't use it anymore. It was way too mild even for me even as a beginner. I upgraded to a Vickings Blade Emperor which worked a little better, but I moved on to a Merkur 25C and then a 37C before finally buying my first Gillette Superspeed. Once I had tried a vintage razor I was hooked.

I gave both my Vikings Blade razors to friends. The guy I gave the Cheifton to loves it. He has a much thinmer beard so the less aggressive razor is perfect for him. He gave shaving kits to the male members of his family for Christmas, so he must like it well enough.

7. GoHabs

GoHabs New Member

My first DE razor was the RazoRock Mission. It is now my travel razor and I still enjoy using it.

AGHisBBS, MacDaDad and brit like this.
  8. MelC

MelC Member

My first razor (since my beard is gone) was a Parker 91R. I just shaved with it yesterday and had a weeperless DFS. I had loaned it to my brother a few months ago and just got it back after he inherited a Fatboy from his Father-in-law. After I bought a Rockwell 6C it became my most used razor, followed by a Tech, Slim, and other vintage razors. Just starting to use vintage SE razors and really like them but will rotate in the Parker every once in awhile.

9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

1958 super speed and no I’ve moved on from it

10. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I think my first safety razor was a Gillette atra, my first de razor was a weishi clone and no I don't use it anymore. These days I'm pretty much stuck on my old Schick injector.

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  11. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Merkur 33c, use it to test new blades.

brit likes this.
  12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

My first de razor was a gillette slim twist, giving to me by a family friend. I still rotate it every once in awhile....A wonderful razor which was made to last.

MacDaDad, brit and Angelo85 like this.