What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I disassembled my old laptop to remove destroy the hard drive. I’ve done this before, but this computer was designed in such a way as to make it needlessly difficult.

Lipripper60, Enrico, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:innocent

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, brit, PanChango and 3 others like this.
  3. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

By "destroy" I'm assuming you break the thing into pieces?

In my working world, I had the opportunity to take some training in computer forensics, etc. The person teaching it was "the" computer forensics guy for a large regional agency. Among some of the things he taught was what he called either a DOJ or DOD, I don't remember which, hard drive scrub. In that, the hard drive was reformatted, which theoretically deletes everything, not once but multiple times. I don't remember just how many times, but it was either 4 or 10. It was a bunch though. The theory with that being that while, as I'm sure you know, some "tidbits" remain, they are so scattered/minuscule as to be insignificant. ???

Tanuki and Hembree like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yes, after re-formatting it (taking no chances) I shattered it to little pieces.

Enrico, AGHisBBS and S Barnhardt like this.
  5. stream26

stream26 Member

Finished my holiday shopping today! Picked up a few planners at lunchtime and then did an Amazon order. So glad to be done - it was starting to feel like a chore... Stocking stuffers are done as well as all gifts. I know many of you all were done weeks if not months ago, but I am just not that organized.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  6. S Barnhardt

Organization?

What's that??

:happy093:

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Took some time to touch up the blades on my knives (although I have a friend who says that sharpen knives like a girl).

8. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Got the wood splitter fixed, $15 carburetor swap.

9. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

I ordered a Pizza & and Sandwiches for me and my wife..

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I got the carbs cleaned up for the 1980 Goldwing. Waiting on kits. Also, removed the timing belts for replacement. 20191221_110459.jpg 20191221_161650.jpg 20191221_114632.jpg

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Hembree and S Barnhardt like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Survived wrapping gifts with my wife ...... she was holding the scissors. :kar:

Nearly lost a finger. :shocked003:

:eatdrink013:

Hembree and Lipripper60 like this.
  13. Lipripper60

Lipripper60 Member

I allowed my granddaughters to paint my fingernails. Got to be a he-man to allow that sort of nonsense. Those kids have this man wrapped around their fingers.

But later I started to rebuild a wood lathe. Got to change bearings all throughout. And yes, I did it with multi-colored nails.

Hembree, AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  14. S Barnhardt

Pictures "are needed" of that!!

Inquiring minds want to know!!

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My brother's works in electronic security .... they literally shred and smelt all hard drives and memory devices.:angry021:

Hembree, brit and Sara-s like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My adventures in bathroom repair continue. The new cabinet/sink/countertop got delivered this morning. (Quite promptly- that’s why I like dealing with local businesses.). So, over the course of the day, I have spackled & sanded the wall, where the backsplash used to be, mounted & caulked the sink and now I have begun the painting.

The walls are painted in a high gloss paint, which I never wanted, but couldn’t talk my husband out of. So I have primed with a flat primer, and will later paint over it with the gloss paint which, (thanks to the color matching service at Lowe’s) I could get some more of.

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I need a nap just reading about all that. :signs062:

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For me, at this time, the question is...What manly thing WILL I be doing today? Off to a workout shortly.

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A nap is manly.

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

download (15).jpg

Terry and AGHisBBS like this.