Modern Razors - Serial Numbers?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sean Coughlin, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I'm excited to be a first time dad in May 2020. We're having a little boy & I thought it would be really great to find him a razor that was a "birth year" or "birth month/year" razor that I could give him as a birthday present when he turns 15 or so.

What modern manufacturers are using serial numbers? Obviously I won't be buying for a little while - just wanted to do some initial research. Thanks in advance!

Ijustmissedthe50s, kjbarth and jluc like this.
  2. flash75

flash75 Member

Rex Ambassador. Rex uses Gillette Date codes.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

Weasel640, PLANofMAN and kjbarth like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congratulations!!!
    Along with the Ambassador, Razor Emporium also uses the Gillette date codes on the Envoy.

Weasel640, ehsa and kjbarth like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

RazoRock serializes their stainless steel razors. Though I don't think you can use the serial number to determine when it was manufactured. Though it might be worth an email to Joe at Italian Barber. I believe the Blackland Tradere razors will be serialized when they are released as well.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

kjbarth likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You could buy one and request to have it custom etched from one of the manufacturers.

LaneP likes this.
  6. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

Above The Tie used to put the year on their razors, but not the month. I’m not sure if they still do or not.