The wall

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 17, 2019.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

6+ years for me. My acquisitions of straight razors come and go, in small waves now. Once and a while, I will pick up some Shulton Old Spice, or Avon Spicy, if the price is too good to pass on.

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Twelve years of traditional shaving for me now. I can count on one hand the number of times I have used my electric shaver and Trac II cartridge razor in that time. I never hit the wall because I never collected large amounts of gear at any one time. Although I occasionally try a new soap, cream or aftershave, I have found all the things needed to get consistently great, affordable shaves, along with some alternatives. The better, cheaper shaves thing, always an undertaking for me with an end goal, is now done and dusted, so it's on to other things.

@RaZorBurn123, and everyone else, have a Happy Holidays!

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, I a pretty well finished acquiring. Although, a couple of months ago I started looking for my Cella shave soap and couldn't find it. Then I remembered that I had piffed it to a new shaver. I went to the web and ordered a replacement. That is what I have been using this week. Some soaps are worth replacing.

4. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I keep hearing people praise Cella to the point it's gotten me to the point of getting some to try. Do you have any strong thoughts as to cream in a tube, or soap in a tub for that brand? I've got Proraso red & green in a tube and white in a tub, just because that's what Marshall's had. I like the ease and results of the cream in my bowl just a tad more than the white in the tub. Just picking your brain on the Cella before I order one.

:thanks:

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

classic must have in the den.fantastic lather.i am not into cherry /almond scent but the performance is well worth the purchase.i have the tub.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  6. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Five or six years ago I got a tub of the stuff, and it is an excellent performer. I enjoyed the scent at first (I was just coming off of Arco), but by the time I bottomed out, I was really beginning to dislike it--I couldn't begin to tell you why. Got to the point that I was missing the Arco.

Another consideration (which is going to sound kind of stupid) is the tub is also a super useful container when you finish. I used to keep the shave soap samples I decided not to shave with in it and bring it into the shower to wash with. Currently, the tub is doing the same duty for a half bar of Stirling's shampoo. Various blade tucks, bits of jersey-knit cloth to keep my fingers from slipping when pulling at my face while shaving, that container just seems to be the right size to use as an organizational aid in a drawer: not too wide a circumference and not too shallow. But then again, I'm a cheap rat bas... ket ;)

RaZorBurn123, brit and S Barnhardt like this.