The Shave Den Shop product discussion thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Just received a bottle of Russian Leather AS. This scent is dead on, just like walking into a leather shop! I like it! It came with a Segal razor I won in the last Shave Den raffle. Many thanks to @Queen of Blades!

RyX, Queen of Blades and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Glad you have that! I still have a little bit of mine left.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

That was my first one from TSD Shop, but it didn't occur to me to have menthol added.

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Used some Iced Barber Shoppe aftershave splash yesterday. Love that stuff!! Great scent and the menthol is terrific.

5. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Just showered and shaved. The Shave Den AS is nice. I usually use a balm but I don't think I need it, face feels really good! Got me thinking about trying the Aqua Di Gio scent they have!

Yehuda D, Paul Turner, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the lanolin formula, but the regular is good stuff. Have quite a few 1oz samples, they smell great and make a swell lather. Favorite scents are:

Polynesian Red
    Comando Cocktail
    Frankincense & Myrrh
    Brut type
    Egyptian Spice

Yehuda D, RyX and Queen of Blades like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I believe my next Shave Den Shop soap will be the Sandalwood edition , as it might be a nice contrast to WSP's Sandalwood soap, which doesn't seem to want to go anywhere soon(Lee's Sandalwood A.S. will be done probably before I finish half the soap). I see that in an earlier post in this thread I said it would be Barber Shoppe. That one will have to wait.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    SHAVEWIZARD420 and Yehuda D like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

What is the Dirt scent on the soaps and aftershave like? Is it like dirt or just earthy or vetiver or what is it similar to?

Yehuda D and RyX like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have several of these soaps also:

Iced Subzero
    Sandalwood
    Tea Tree
    Bergamot
    Bay Rum

Truthfully, my two favorites are the Sandalwood and the Bay Rum.

RyX likes this.
  10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I have come to really love a scent that I ordered as almost an afterthought.
    Iced yin yang
    It mixes well with lime, or lavender, or Florida Water, or lavender Florida Water very nicely.
    I could potentially use it 4 days running and use a different after, and still be very happy.

RyX likes this.
  11. SHAVEWIZARD420

The samples mat be the way to go, you can try several scents and they last for a while. I have a sample of Polynesian Red that has about 6 shaves on it and is still about 2/3 full. They also can be melted to fit any container.

RyX likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Good idea. I will say I got the Russian Leather at the regular size, because I just KNEW it was going to smell nice.

RyX and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

Haven't tried Russian Leather, but it sounds like a nice scent. The regular size soaps are a bit cheaper per oz if memory serves well. I picked up the AV doupe called Havvoc, although not a dead ringer for AV it does smell nice and packs a menthol punch.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

3 days of TSD Bay Rum A.S. this week...it all begins tomorrow.

RyX likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I should add that after the 3 Bay Rum A.S. days, I'm moving to Russian Leather A.S. for the next 3, thus we're talkin 6 straight TSD A.S. days this week. 2 down, 4 to go.

16. Paul Turner

Update(almost a year later)-it's still hangin' around :).

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  17. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

I still have a tub of iced sub zero cream that i purchased 5 years ago :Animatedfrozensmily: now that i see joanna has closed the shop down it will be my special occasions only cream so i can make it last as long as possible.

18. riffin

riffin Active Member

My son fell in love with TSD M-Bomb after borrowing some from me. He applies it directly to his face after shaving. I went to get him some for Christmas and discovered the TSD Store had closed! Found some on the bay (HERE), got four and gave him one. I'll keep the others in reserve. I've had a bottle forever and it's about half full. I guess that means it'll about last 2 x forever.

Anyway, hurry up, there are only two left!

I did find a recipe (or enough information to make a recipe) in a thread here. There maybe others.

19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You might want to PM Joanna (@Queen of Blades)... she's been known to make things for people when she has time. Assuming, of course, that you beg nicely and bring a tray of nice warm cookies.

Paul Turner and jason koonce like this.
  20. riffin

riffin Active Member

Yes, she is awesome! We are very lucky.